Gday there.....

Guest Bronte

Just dropping in to say gday to everyone. Now you might think me strange as i am a born and bred aussie......but i want to move to the UK to live and work for a while. I have friends there in Canvey Island, Bristol, Swansea......ummmm....Glasgow to name a few. I was over there in 2008 on holiday and loved the place. The peeps were friendly and the scenery was awesome.....so much history every where you go. Having trouble getting a work visa so i might have to stick to holidays for now.

Hoping everyone is enjoying there time here. :)

Guest karenbonnar

Hi Bronte

I love where we live in Scotland and we have historic scotland memberships so love to visit all the old tumbledown castles. It is great here, just a completely different life to what I understand of Australia. If you get to come over you will be enriching your life with new experiences which is exactly what we are trying to do by going to Australia, so I can understand.

Good luck but I am afraid I don't have the slightest clue about emmigrating to the UK, is there an Aussies in UK site? If you do make it remember your hats, scarfs and gloves etc. The kids and I had them on last year into May. And raincoats are for all year round.

Karen

Guest moonraker1959

Hi Bronte,

I used to live up near you!I currently live in Wiltshire(my home county)and returned to the UK 10 years ago.I lived in SA for 30 years all up but felt like a change.Not sure whether I'll ever return,but there's no hurry!Are your parents from the UK?Not sure if its possible but you might be able to get a british passport through theirs?My kids are all aussies and thats what they did!What type of work are you looking for?Do you know which area you'll be heading to?Contrary to popular belief it does'nt rain here all the time,infact last summer I had cracks all over my lawn!:oI personally love living here.The weather suits me,love the people,culture,ease of travelling to other places(not to mention alot cheaper!)festivals,the list goes on!Are you coming on your own?I'm sure you'll have a great time!:cute:

Guest Squareman

Bronte, i hope they make it really difficult for you to get in. I hope they muck you about for years! Revenge of the Poms! Haha only kidding mate. Enjoy Scotland but dont stay there too long. Sadly it's a dump unless you go to scenic, historic parts and you can get work. Scotland has huge social problems. The kids are just about out of control. I went back 'home' late last year and couldn't believe it.

Welcome :)

No joy with a working holiday visa? They (if you fall into the age group) are usually pretty easy to get. 2 year stay, work for a total of one year of it.

My hubby is an Aussie and we live just outside Bristol. He loves it here. Cycles into the city to work, is taking part in a triathlon in the summer and all being well a long kayak race next year and even hoping to squish in a stage of the Tour in France if we have time! He likes the city, we see a few bands, theatre and are not far from the beautiful south west countryside to get our fix of scenery (which is a bit lacking round here).

Guest SA Great
Just dropping in to say gday to everyone. Now you might think me strange as i am a born and bred aussie......but i want to move to the UK to live and work for a while. I have friends there in Canvey Island, Bristol, Swansea......ummmm....Glasgow to name a few. I was over there in 2008 on holiday and loved the place. The peeps were friendly and the scenery was awesome.....so much history every where you go. Having trouble getting a work visa so i might have to stick to holidays for now.

Hoping everyone is enjoying there time here. :)

Its good for a holiday mate but depressing to live. When the sun eventually comes out there will be 6 mile traffic jams to get to the beach, small houses, cold weather, negative attitudes, but good music though. I await Moonrakers response!! LOL