Jus to say hello

Guest polly

Guest polly

Skills assessment completed online currently getting certified copies of docs to send, feel like its the real start now of actually getting to Australia.Just wish we could go now, please could anyone give me some good links for researching adelaide suburbs or surrounding areas schools etc? Just want a simple life nothing fancy good fishing, golf,horse riding friendly locals and good food :D.

Hope to get to know a few people along the way on here....

Maria (30) this month Nurse:shocked:Gaz (36) Scaffold Supervisor and Ethan (19 months) THE BOSS:biglaugh:

hi were in the same boat we are waiting for our state sponsership to come through we applied end of january for adelaide.we found the adelaide bound website usefull.my husband is main aplicant for the 176 visa.its so long and drawn out its unreal!!we are hoping to be out there next easter if it all goes to plan.we are also going over this april to have look round so hopefully we will find some suberbs we like.i look on here and get useful tips !!!

GOOD LUCK in your journey as its along one but it will be worth it in the end :-) xx

carolyn(38)support worker Andy(37)electrician ella(13)esmee(2) and winston our dog

Guest forbess

Hi Polly and Cazzaj, I am not in Adelaide yet but have been looking at realestate.com.au for rental properties all around Adelaide, what I really like about this site is that each suburb is given a rating out of 100 which I think is realy useful. Hope this helps, cheers Sharon

Hi there,

Welocme...

For lots of info about Adelaide take a look on :

South Australia - Adelaide, Barossa Valley, Clare Valley, Kangaroo Island, Maps, Hotels, Online Booking

The www.adelaidebound.com.au has a wealth of info.

The real estate web site is useful as it has the suburb satisfaction rating but to be honest it's really difficult unless you are here. You get a feel for an area once you have explored so it's best to get a hire car from the beginning and explore as soon as possible...that's what we did.

I don't have any regrets about settling in the south (made an offer on a house in Port Noarlunga within the first 3 weeks of being here) and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. I did live in Old Reynella for 6 months but it was such a relief to get back here! This was influenced by quite a few things...it was 4 degrees colder in Reynella!, the closeness to the beach (I have an energetic Boxer that runs riot on the Christies / O Sullivan beach plus a son at TAFE in Noarlunga, a daughter who lives in Port Noarlunga and a son doing an apprenticeship at the Noarlunga centre!!

Whatever questions you have..you will get plenty of help on this site...plus plenty of opinions!

Take care.

Tamara

Guest polly

thanks everyone for replies, Carolyn, Sharon, Tamara look forward to sharing the experience with you all and will check out the adelaide bound website Maria X