Visiting Adelaide for 10 days - where to stay?

Guest MarkieW

Guest MarkieW

Hi all,

I'm going to be visiting Adelaide coming in on the Overland train from Melbourne on the 12th April and will be staying 10 nights until Good Friday. I am looking for a cheap but clean place to stay that ideally has (free?) internet access. Can anyone recommend anything or where to look?

Also it would be great to meet up with some of you guys and girls to hear your experiences of do's and don'ts! Don't have anything too much planned at the moment socially (will be looking for work contacts mainly), so be good to see the sights!

Thanks

Mark

(applying under SS as a system admin)

My suggestion is to stay in the city which will give you easy access to buses, trains etc.

There are plenty of backpackers and a YHA in the city or else for a bit more money you could get a short term apartment or stay in a motel on the edge of the city.

The library has free internet and there are various WiFi hotspots around the city including along Rundle Mall.

Guest moonraker1959

How about couch surfing?You'll need to google it to find the website.People around the globe who have a bed (free)on offer advertise via the website(I think from memory you'll need to register,free ,to access this info).You may only be able to stay with the host a night of two,and I'm not sure how many hosts are available in Adelaide,but it might be worth a try,and even if you only score 1-2 nights,it'll be free so you'll only need to fund 8 nights to make up your 10,good luck anyway and hope it all goes well!

Hi all,

I'm going to be visiting Adelaide coming in on the Overland train from Melbourne on the 12th April and will be staying 10 nights until Good Friday. I am looking for a cheap but clean place to stay that ideally has (free?) internet access. Can anyone recommend anything or where to look?

Also it would be great to meet up with some of you guys and girls to hear your experiences of do's and don'ts! Don't have anything too much planned at the moment socially (will be looking for work contacts mainly), so be good to see the sights!

Thanks

Mark

(applying under SS as a system admin)

Hi Mark we stayed in Adelaide in late jan for 10 days ,we also did the overland from Melbourne. When we first arrived id adelaide we stopped at the Discovery holiday park at Semaphore it had everything we needed and right on the beach ,i think it was about $75 per night for a self contained cabin,we stayed there 3 nights and then moved to the Comfort inn at the marina in Glenhelg this was $140 a night but was very nice including breakfast , the only advice i would give is to hire a car so you can have a good drive round when its too jhot to go on the beach