I'll try and keep this short(ish). Like most others having become increasingly fed up with life in the UK and having 'casually' researched the possibility over recent months a quirk of fate has made the possibility of emigrating to Australia become a reality and we are seriously considering making the move. Having researched a few of the major cities and surrounding suburbs we are keen on Adelaide from what we've seen.
We are a family of 4 with two sons both aged under 7. It is looking likely that I will be able to obtain a job based on my skills in Australia and more specifically Adelaide. My wife is a Teacher (Secondary/High School) and from what I've seen she would be able to find work relatively easily (?).
I suppose what I'm asking for is:
- Similar stories of small/young families making the move in recent years
- Are Teaching jobs easy/hard to come by
- Areas/Suburbs to consider/avoid
- Quality of schooling
- Any hints/tips/advice on anything relevant
- Most importantly the lifestyle, after all this is the main reason for the move
- One word to best describe South Australian or Adelaide Life.
Thanks in anticipation.