Arrived from the UK 3 weeks ago

Guest diandali

Guest diandali

Hi to everyone,

Glad to see I am not the only Pom here. My australian wife and I moved here 3 weeks ago tomorrow (Wed). We have 2 dogs & 2 cats in Sydney currently and waiting for them. We have just rented a place in Seaview Downs until our place is built in Munno Para. Hope we can meet up sometime with other Poms.:P

Guest louiesmum

Hi

We are not in Adelaide at mo but I do have a quick Q. for you, hope you dont mind. We have 2 cats, how long are they in quarantine for & also who did you use? We have our visa's but have to sell our house first but hopefully we'll meet up in Oz. Good luck.

Guest diandali

Hi,

Cats are in quarantine for 30 days only. Same as dogs. Adelaide has no quarantine stations so the only other ones available are in Sydney, Melbourne & Perth.

The Melbourne one is closer and are called Spotswood and the Sydney one is called Eastern Creek Animal Quarantine Station, 60 Wallgrove Rd, Eastern Creek, NSW 2766. email address is EasternCreek.AQS@aqis.gov.au. We have just had our bill for the cats which was $953.30.

In the UK we used Airpets Oceanic at Stanwell Moor at Heathrow. My wife has used them before and we have found the whole move with our animals has been excellent at both ends and would use these companies again.

If you put them in Sydney the flight is 1hr 40mins. The cats pen is very good at both ends we found. If you would like any more info, let us know. Good luck with the move.

Guest louiesmum

Hi

Thanks very much for that, I may be in touch with you again if any more Q's pop into my head if thats ok. One just has!! What was the total cost of taking the cats? Also why did you choose Sydney instead of Melbourne or was it just a case of Sydney had the room availaibe? Sorry about all the Questions

Guest diandali

Melbourne has 86 pens and Sydney & Perth has 300 pens. At the time Melbourne was full up so we then chose Sydney. Not sure of the breakdown of it, but 2 dogs & 2 cats cost us nearly 5,995.00 pound. This does not include the cost for the quarantine and flight at this end from Sydney to Adelaide. We suggest asking your vet 1 month before departure, and also a company like Airpets. Book you animals flights first through Airpets as an example and then book yours as flights are always full for animals to Australia.

Uk-Australia is 30 days only in quarantine but 6 months from Australia-UK. South Africa as another example to Australia is 4 months in quarantine.

Your cats must be micro chipped. To keep costs down, we put our 2 cats in too one crate as they get on with one another and also the pen at either end.