Hello, Good evening and welcome

Guest louby doo

Guest louby doo

Hello

We have just got our passports back with our SIR's in and are too excited not to share the news. We have our flights booked for the 6th August as I kinda promised to finish the year at school....Why oh why???? It now seems like for ever away.

Anyway we are Louise (Teacher, 37) and Gary (King of the karabiner and High Priest of the Canoe, 40 (but we don't mention it in polite company.)) Just wanted to introduce us, any tips or advice welcome.

Can't wait to be there.

Cheers

Lou and Gary

Guest dglamoore

Hi Lou and Gary

welcome to the site - we got our stickers back last Thursday and fly out to Adelaide via singapore on 22nd April.

Congratulations with your visa and good luck in your new life - -bet you are counting the days til you go :D

Lisa

Guest louby doo

Hi Lisa

Thanks. Bet you're counting the days only two months for you then!!! We to are stopping over in Singapore (for a change, as it's usually Bangkok as I love it) Rather unusually and for the small sum of £100000000000 we have decided to spend the night at Raffles, I hope we aren't disappointed with the cliche. :roll:

Lou

Guest Guest75
Hi Lisa

Thanks. Bet you're counting the days only two months for you then!!! We to are stopping over in Singapore (for a change, as it's usually Bangkok as I love it) Rather unusually and for the small sum of £100000000000 we have decided to spend the night at Raffles, I hope we aren't disappointed with the cliche. :roll:

Lou

Hi Lou and welcome.

I've not stopped in the Raffles but I've had a Singapore Sling cocktail in the front bar.

Looks nice,rather formal though.

Guest dglamoore
Hi Lisa

Lou

The days seem to be flying at the moment :D

Could not run to raffles (been for a singapore sling in the long bar though) but we do have a rather nice suite booked at The Oriental :lol: We had to cancel our holiday in Thailand at xmas due to it being so close to going so put some of the money we saved into out stop over :lol:

Also love Bangkok and we got married in Thailand in a traditional bhuddist ceremony!!

Lisa :D

Guest donna T

HOw fab - Raffle s- we only booked our stopover last week and was surprised at how full everything was - we were hoping for the Sentosa Shangri - La right on the beach but the only one availbale was a low star one in Little India - mmmmmm love those curries (kids won't like it - no fish fingers!! :lol: )

Lisa - your wedding sounds wonderfull - I nearly got married inSri Lanka but the guy married someone else while I was planning it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest graandjac

You lot are making us envious there we are just started this merry go round, all excited and you lot are off to the land of plenty :!: :!:

good luck :D:D:D good fortune :D:D:D and see you on the beach in a year or so the beer's will be on me.

gra and jac x

Guest donna T

[

Have a fantastic flight next week and make sure you keep us all updated!!! Fancy meeting up for coffee in April ? :D

Lisa x

Thanks Lisa - definitely up for that - or even a glass of wine :D