Hi

Guest sp4rkman

Guest sp4rkman

Hi all,

New to this forum, although I have been on Poms in Oz for some time.

We applied for 176 Family Sponsored Visa back in October 2008 and haven't had any movement ever since. Found out recently that we meet the requirements for SA State Sponsorship so we are going down that route. We never considered Adelaide before but after doing some research it really took our fancy.

We have no idea on suburbs, areas etc yet but will start researching more if/when SS comes through.

A bit about me, i'm 30 years old and live in Hampshire with my wife and 9 week old daughter. I work for telecommunications company in West London and my wife (when not on maternity) is a footwear buyer (rather a dream job for someone who loves shoes!).

Cheers

Jonathan

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Hello back!

I suppose we're in a similar situation........ Although I was/am lucky enough to have an offer of employment in Adelaide. Just got it 'offically' this AM. Wifey cried when I told her it had finally been sent!

We've got a week or two to think about it, although we've been doing our research since early Jan so not much to think about anymore!

We're looking at the temp 457 (?) visas I think.

I expect I'll be posting lots more in the coming weeks.

No-one has a clue what we're thinking about doing............. Life seems crazy at the moment!

Guest karenbonnar

Hi

Welcome to PIA. I am sure you will love adelaide especially now that you have started your family and it seems so family orientated. Congratulations on the new arrival and Good luck with the sponsorship.

Karen

Just enjoy the ride.

No matter what happens in your lives over the coming months - the possible emigration will always remain forefront in your minds - you just cannot get away from it.

We were so cautious about repeatedly talking about Oz to friends before we left, fearful it would begin to wind them up. It still remained the only topic of conversation inside the house from the day of acceptance to the day we flew - loved every moment of it.

Good luck.

Hi Jonathan

We lived in Hampshire and both my husband and I were in Telecommunications before we came to Adelaide, think I know the company you work for!!

Congratulations on the birth of your little girl, Adelaide is very family orientated a great place to call home our little girl just loves it.

There's lots of great people on this site so ask any questions or use the search facility.

Good luck on your journey to Oz its so worth it!!!

Take care

Kim

Guest karenbonnar
Hi and welcome to the forum - any questions you have, just ask away. Sounds like Adelaide is going to be filling up pretty fast soon - but that's ok, we have plenty of space!:D

Karen - I love the cake in your picture!

Diane

Thanks Diane,

I love cake decorating and did this one as a raffle prize for breast cancer research.

Karen:D