G'Dayyyyy!!!

jodipodi

Hi to all!! Just to introduce ourselves, Im Jodi and there's my hubby Lee and our two kids Ricci and Cody. Im a nail technician but retraining in the hope of becoming a Midwife and Lee is a Community Worker. We have wanted to make the move to Oz for as long as I can remember but never thought we could actually 'do it' realistically until about a year ago when I started researching properly and now think we can do it, though it will take a lot of planning and a bit of patience. We had a good dig around and have decided that Adelaide is the place for us, we are a real close-knit family and like the simple life, we like nothing better than just getting out and spending time together not doing anything in particular but we do love the beach lifestyle and are used to being within 20 mins drive from the coast which is where we spend alot of our time. We are considering a visit in april 2012 for a month and have looked at a few areas but any advice would be great- Aldinga, Hallet Cove, Willunga, Christies Beach, Aberfoyle?? Any tips for our 'try it out' trip (think you's call it a reccie?) such as 'must do's' and places to take the kids (10 and 7) or advice on things such as jobs/suburbs etc etc is always appreciated xxxx

Guest SusieOR
Hi to all!! Just to introduce ourselves, Im Jodi and there's my hubby Lee and our two kids Ricci and Cody. Im a nail technician but retraining in the hope of becoming a Midwife and Lee is a Community Worker. We have wanted to make the move to Oz for as long as I can remember but never thought we could actually 'do it' realistically until about a year ago when I started researching properly and now think we can do it, though it will take a lot of planning and a bit of patience. We had a good dig around and have decided that Adelaide is the place for us, we are a real close-knit family and like the simple life, we like nothing better than just getting out and spending time together not doing anything in particular but we do love the beach lifestyle and are used to being within 20 mins drive from the coast which is where we spend alot of our time. We are considering a visit in april 2012 for a month and have looked at a few areas but any advice would be great- Aldinga, Hallet Cove, Willunga, Christies Beach, Aberfoyle?? Any tips for our 'try it out' trip (think you's call it a reccie?) such as 'must do's' and places to take the kids (10 and 7) or advice on things such as jobs/suburbs etc etc is always appreciated xxxx

Hi Jodi... no advice as I havent spent much time in Adelaide myself... yet... :D but I just wanted to wish you all the best of your journey to "make the move" & to say hi...

You will find this forum invaluable & everyone is incredibly friendly!!!

We will hopefully see you there is the future...

Susie x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Becster19

Hi Jodi. We are just starting the permanent journey ourselves but lived in Adelaide back in 2007 for 8 months whilst working and travelling. We lived in Glenelg which was lovely but its very pricey to buy. Great place to base yourselves though as on the beach, the tram takes you direct to the city and you have easy access to the suburbs further south eg hallet cove. I have heard good things about all of those suburbs you mentioned. I think a lot of Brits head that way. We have also been looking at Henley beach and grange. Although I'm very tempted by the hills suburbs as they are beautiful in autumn in particular. That's the great thing about Adelaide though, so much choice. Have you started the visa process yet or are you still info gathering?

Hi guys, welcome to the forum.

Anything you need to know may well be found by asking the knowledgable folk on here....

We live in Aldinga Beach and love it...even tho the drive to work takes an hour and costs a bit for a Pajero....

You could possibly plan to check out a few schools whilst you are here....ans then check out the sites and scenery of this beautiful part of Australia..

There is so much to do...and alot of it is very affordable and easy to access....

Just shout for any more info

HG