wer ping pongers

Guest MaxandDebs

Guest MaxandDebs

just like to say hi to everybody,yep wer ready to return after 15 months of being back in UK,just put the house on market this week so fingers crossed.

We started the visa process back in April 08 just like everybody else we had are ups n downs just like evrybody on here,eventually June 09 we had are 176 visa,house was sold ,flights booked end Aug 09 we set off on our dream there was me Max(42) my wife Debs (43) and Gracie (6) but also have a (20)yr old daughter paige who we managed to get her on our visa but decided to stay in UK,which is hard leaving her behind.

We landed in Adelaide and stopped with freinds who lived in Coromandel Vally got work after 2 weeks got a rental after 6weeks Henly Beach,everything was going fine Gracie started school then oh was on her own.I think thats when it all started she was thinking of family back home especially Paige who we left behind, i was getting the wrong fibes from her of oz like evrey newby does missin mum missin sister but we held on the walks at Henly beach was fantastic just a graet lifestiyle plu Glenelg yep this is it for us. We skyped alot which sometimes leave you more upset when you can tell things are just not wright back home anyway it was getting to her more n more,little digs all the time like food more dearer clothes etc etc.the usual anyway one thing lead to another my mother took ill not good when your 24hrs away but we new this and thought that we would be strong about illness to family and again the daughter was a big pull it just wasnt working wer she was renting she could olny just afford the rent never mind gas elecky n food on top.

So then the worse news ever a phone call off my brother that my mother had just died,that was it we wer coming back a few phone calls we had sorted removals,flights and did a flit on the rental we arrived back end of December 09 just 4 months after landing,We stopped at mother in laws must admit it was a bad time for work just after xmas building trade always slow this time of year.it was good seeing friends family again but and a big but had we done the wright thing is the grass really greener.I ended up buying my mother house totally renovated top to bottom.Then we made the decission that once we had totally finished we would put it on the market and giv adelaide another go,so this is us now ready to do it all again and very exited the all of us.

Sorry for going on abit but ive been reading all threads since our return back 09 and just wanted to get it of my chest,god i feel better now and ready for our return to OZ thanks again Max......

Wow quite a journey.... Is Paige coming with you this time? I also have a daughter who is 20 this year, she is coming with us, we fly in 5 weeks time! So I guess you will be heading out as soon as you sell the house?

All the best with your preparations.

Julie & Co.

Guest taunton

Hi Max And Deb

I have a big feeling we have the same very very good friends, mark & Jan at Seaford.....

We are ping pongers like yourselves, we emigrated 2006 and returned to the UK in 2008, our reasons where very much family and I didn't work and was getting very home sick....we also had major illnesses and deaths back in the UK....we returned and before 6 months was up we knew that we wanted to return to OZ,, we will never ever regret returning to the UK as it has been great, our youngest has got to know all of the family adn they have got to know her, we have had a great time with all family and friends and thrown into that mix some sad times loosing those close to us......BUT the time as come to put us and the kids first and we are returning to OZ...we leave 29th June , doing 2 day stop over and land 3rd July....

We have a short term rental in Seaford and we are hoping to stay in that area -

If you are the same Max and Deb that I think you are then I am sure we will all meet soon at a BBQ....

Good luck with your returning plans...2nd time round not so daunting got a better idea of what to expect..

Cheers Wend, Mike & girls

Guest woolmerdj

Hi Max and Debs

Sorry to hear about the loss of your mum and it is of course one of the worst parts of being so far away. You have been very brave to have done what you have done and Adelaide certainly is a wonderful place to live. We have been here nearly 3 years and I have been very homesick and still fight this emotional pull. We have had a great experience being here and are verty determind to make this our home forever. Good luck on your journey back here and if ever you want a day out in The Hills, and to build-on your friendships, you are welcome to join in our group of lovely expats. Just PM me

Jane, Dave, Oli and Liz

Guest MaxandDebs

yeh we will meet you at mark n jans at seaford great freinds great bbq's,like adopted brother n sis just wot you need to help you in desperate times .

We are looking to buy seaford,port norlunga area.Hope you enjoy ur return with your family as for us paige our eldest [21] is stopping in uk,hoping she will come out and join us one day.

Guest woolmerdj

Great, just let us know the time and place and we'll be there. We have a 21 year old son, who didnt want to come here when he was 18, but he did and he loves it, but we have a 15 year old daughter who wanted to and has never fully settled, kids eh!!!!!:arghh:

Guest taunton

Hi Max & Debs

Really looking forward to meeting you all on the otherside, so to speak, if there is anything we can give advise on just give us a shout...we will be on this site long after we arrive in Adelaide as it has been a great help...

We hope your house sale happens quickly, we were very very very lucky, we put ours on the market 4 weeks ago on the Monday and accepted an offer on the Friday, so in just 4 days, the couple that are buying ours have also bought loads of stuff off of us as they are coming from a starter home, so everything has fallen into place really quickly and easy, but I do know it can be a horrible waiting game..so everything crossed for you.

You are right about Mark and Jan,,,,when we meet them back in 2006 something just clicked , they are very down to earth and was to get on with, jan and I have stayed in contact the whole time we have been back in the UK, and I (wend) am so greatful and pleased about that...they are lovely people.....

Like yourselves we are hoping to settle in seaford area....we started off in 2006 in Hallett Cove then Sheidow Park....but second time around looking for Seaford, nearer to the lovely beaches and just that bit closer to Victor Harbour which our eldest just loves....

Anything we can help with just shout, Take care and best of luck and see you all very soon...I'll be phoning Jan tomorrow she won't catch her breath when I tell her that we've been intouch through the forum....she'll just laugh out loug knowing Jan...

Take care

wend & gang

Guest taunton

Hi Julie

We're in Taunton....small small world....

We are also in contact with a family from Wellington, just the other side of Taunton...

Hows your process going ? I f you need any advise help them just ask, don't know it all but think I know the basic's.

Cheers wend

Hi Julie

We're in Taunton....small small world....

We are also in contact with a family from Wellington, just the other side of Taunton...

Hows your process going ? I f you need any advise help them just ask, don't know it all but think I know the basic's.

Cheers wend

Hi Wend,

Isnt it just a small world, just reading your previous posts and you having mutual friends in Oz with the OP.... thats mad!!

We fly on 23 June (yikes) :goofy:, no stopover, just going for it lol, arriving 25th..... you wont be far behind. My husband, Rob, is already out there working and sorting out somewhere for us to live and guess what?? we are looking at Seaford too.... he got a really good feel about the place so got a couple of viewings tomorrow night, fingers crossed he gets one. I might just take you up on your offer of advice etc. at some point, you gotta take all the help you can.

Julie