Hi Everyone

Guest Antonia

Guest Antonia

I thought I would introduce myself - I have been on this site a lot, but this is my first post.

My name is Antonia, my OH and son are all moving to Adelaide (hopefully).

We started this whole process back in September 2009! So it has been a long journey.:SLEEP:

We have just had our meds and police check finalised (2 days ago). Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it takes to grant the visa after everything is finalised?

I know silly question - how long is a peice of string, would just like a few ideas.

I was thinking of handing in my notice this week, bit of a risk, but we want to leave mid June- I have a job to go to:D.

Hopefully the wait will be over soon and we will be off to Australia, getting very excited now.

Thanks

Antonia x

Guest Guest6899
I thought I would introduce myself - I have been on this site a lot, but this is my first post.

We started this whole process back in September 2009! So it has been a long journey.:SLEEP:

We have just had our meds and police check finalised (2 days ago). Just wondering if anyone knows roughly how long it takes to grant the visa after everything is finalised?

I know silly question - how long is a peice of string, would just like a few ideas.

I was thinking of handing in my notice this week, bit of a risk, but we want to leave mid June- I have a job to go to:D.

Hopefully the wait will be over soon and we will be off to Australia, getting very excited now.

Thanks

Antonia x

Hi welcome to PIA, if your pcc & medicals are stating finalised online it should be very quickly now. Ours were referred and luckily still only took a week. Can i ask what you do??? as far as handing in your notice thats up to you..

Lisa x

Guest The Standalofts

Hello and welcome.

We had to have police checks and medicals submitted by the 17th March and had our visa granted on 1st April, which was really fast - Our agent told us to allow up to 6 weeks.

Good luck with everything.

Lesley

Guest Antonia

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply, I am an Environmental Engineer- Contaminated Land.

When are you guys planning to leave for Adelaide?

Antonia x

Guest Guest6899
Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply, I am an Environmental Engineer- Contaminated Land.

When are you guys planning to leave for Adelaide?

Antonia x

I thought maybe you were keen to jump the NHS sinking ship!!, lol :biglaugh: like me.. I cant wait to hand in my notice. Were looking to move once we have sold the house but not before September as Adam collects his exam results on the 25th Aug, (the brainey one of the family!!). where you going?? sorry not a stalker just interested.

Lisa

Guest Antonia

My job is just east of the CBD - so we are thinking East (Norwood, Kentown or somewhere near there)or close to the beach- I have heard that Glenelg and to the south is pretty nice. We are stuck with really for anything concrete until we have dates for the flights.

We sold up last year - glad we did. Takes some of the stress away from now! Which areas are you looking at?

My job is just east of the CBD - so we are thinking East (Norwood, Kentown or somewhere near there)or close to the beach- I have heard that Glenelg and to the south is pretty nice. We are stuck with really for anything concrete until we have dates for the flights.

We sold up last year - glad we did. Takes some of the stress away from now! Which areas are you looking at?

Hi Antonia and welcome to the site. Have a look at south east and north east suburbs too - there are some lovely places around and the Eastern suburbs are some of the most sought after in the whole of Adelaide.

Guest Antonia

Thanks.

Any recommended suburbs would be helpful.

We are looking for a family friendly environment but not to far from a cafe / vibrant centre so we can get out easily. Not more than about 30min commute (at rush hour) from Norwood.

Antonia

Guest Guest6899

Hi, we have never been to SA as was planning initially to go to WA so also have to rely on what people say about areas. I dont have a job yet as awaiting AHPRA registration so could live anywhere but ideally by the coast with a nice beach would be great.

Lisa

Guest lnother

Thanks

Antonia x

Hi Antonia, I am also fairly new to posting, although I've been tracking the site for a while. I waited until I got state sponsorship before posting as I couldn't bear the agony of talking about it before there was some certainty. As for how long visas take after meds, I'm hoping on about 3 weeks, having looked at many others on the site. It's been a week for us now but we've had confirmation that they've been sent to Aus.

Your job sounds interesting and you seem to know a bit about where you want to live. We have no idea as we haven't been to Adelaide before, but we are hoping to visit in October before moving in January. Personally I want to try the coast, but who knows.

I hope you hear soon, I'll look out for the whoops of joy. Good luck.

Norwood itself is a great area, lots of cafes, good shops and nice atmosphere. You could look around the Belair/Blackwood areas which are lovely (put those suburbs in on http://www.realestate.com.au and leave the "search surrounding suburbs" option selected) or the North Eastern suburbs such as Athelstone, Highbury, Dernancourt, Tea Tree Gully, Vista, Fairview Park which are all within a good commute to Norwood and each have local shops/cafes plus are also within easy reach of Tea Tree Plaza, the nearest main shopping mall. Or out towards Golden Grove (again, that has its own shops, cafes etc but neither that or TTP are as 'cosmopolitan' as Norwood) there are suburbs such as Wynn Vale and Greenwith - probably on the outer side of 30 mins to Norwood but not a bad drive.

Unley, which is to the south of the City, has some nice bars, cafes and restaurants and again, a nice atmosphere so anywhere around there, or Mitcham is good.

After that you have the beach side suburbs: Henley, Glenelg, and possibly Brighton - Marion is the main shopping mall in that direction.

HTH