Introductons

Guest Colin Taylor

Guest Colin Taylor

Hello there all,

my names Colin and a new member, I currently live in Hamilton, Scotland. My wife Amanda and I are at the approval stage of our visa. Fingers crossed. :D I work in the printing trade and Amanda in travel. Im sure to have some questions in the near future , hope you can help. Cheers for now. Colin.

hello and welcome to PIA. As you can see from our time line we are waiting for our visa now.

Any questions go ahead and ask, there is always someone that can help or knows someone that can help.

Happy new year to you all

Hiya Colin & Amanda, fellow folkes from Lanarkshire, Yee Ha!

we are currently living in Coatbridge in a rented house after moving from Airdrie.

Welcome aboard PIA and good luck with your visa.

As for the questions ask away, someone on here can always answer or make things a little clearer, which helps keep the spirit up.

But Happy New Year to you both x

Guest Colin Taylor

Hiya back!

Were at the approval stage. Submitted the online application 3 weeks ago after we got state sponsorship, heres hoping we dont fall at the final fence! Best a luck to yourselfs n take care.

Colin n Amanda x

hello colin and amanda and welcome :wubclub:

nothing to add really because all the nice members are willing to answer your questions already :P ... can't help with the online one anyways :jiggy:

happy new year!

Hi Colin and Amanda, Nice to hear from some fellow scots i just joined the site last night so all still a bit new to me to.Husband Keith (electronics engineer) and me (i manage a unit for children and young people who have visual impairments and complex needs) stay in Livingston with our two teenage sons 14,16 and are just about to go for medicals ,pc's etc.We have applied for a 495 temp visa. Good to know how others are coming along keep us posted and if there are any meet ups in local area it would be good to put names to faces over a few glasses of vino or pints of beer. All the best

Karen and Keith

Hello there Karen & Keith,

this is brilliant, more scottish people and again not too far away from us.

We are also on a temporary 3 year visa with the prospect of permanent residency at the end of it, we'll need to get a meet organised up this neck of the woods now. Coz' as much as we would love to meet fellow PIA's in Crawley it's getting sitters for the kids for a whole weekend that would prove difficult.

but welcome to the site.

Guest Colin Taylor

Howdy Dan and Steph

Good luck when you get there, weeks away, hope we can be with you pretty soon. Was in Adelaide in the summer, loved it, very chilled compared to Scotland. Im a compositor/mac operator in a pre-press dept. To be honest though a change of job sounds good when we get there. Think printers will have a better chance of getting jobs than me. New life new job, thats how I see it.

Colin and Amanda.

Guest Colin Taylor

Hi Karen and Keith

As you say good to hear from some fellow Scots. Still waiting for a case officer to be appointed to us, then hopefully progress will be fast after that. This site gives you confidence that your not alone and people are there for you. Take care. Alls good!

Colin and Amanda.

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Colin noticed your in the printing Trade. What do you do as i work for the wyndeham press group as a shift manager. I went over in july and there seems to be work around if your in the web or sheet fed printing side. Regards

steve.

Guest Colin Taylor

Hi Steve, thanks for the rely. Currently work for Bell & Bain Ltd. Glasgow. Im a compositor/platemaker originally, but have now developed into a mac operator as computers have taken over the industry. Was in Adelaide in the summer and seems plenty of firms, hopeful of a job.

All the best Colin.

Guest steve&tracy

I visited a firm called Stateweb in Torrensville and they were about to put in there own C.P.T. room so it might be worth giving them an email. If you need the address just pm me and i will give you names and addresses e.t.c. as i had a tour of the firm with the owner.

regards

Steve.

Guest Colin Taylor

Hi Steve, thanks for the lead mate, unfortunately I had a look and STATEWEB has just gone into receivership. The printing trades not at its strongest just now!!!!! A nice wee job in the post office sounds good, golf in the afternoon. Heaven.

Thanks Colin.

Guest steve&tracy

Hi Colin didn't realise that! I was only over there in july and they had only been running 6 months and he said he was struggling to get good staff. Obviously he ran out of time. Thanks for letting me know.

Sorry to give you dud info i wasn't aware.

all the best for the future

Steve.