Hi there everyone

Guest Yorkrose

Guest Yorkrose

Hi everyone,

My name is Sara, I am from Yorkshire (Barnsley Lass) but moved out to New Zealand almost 6 years ago! I am married to a Kiwi, David and we have 5 children between us, 4 of which are now adults! This brings back so many memories of typing on the NZ forums before I moved out here. So already know a bit of what you are all feeling.

Well...we are ready for the move again!!! We are going to Adelaide to take a look in October and with a bit of luck hope to be out there by next year. I have to get my citizenship here or David could sponsor me to come to OZ. Two of my girls would be coming with us also.

I am a newly qualified primary school teacher working in CHCH. I have heard the system is very different from the UK or NZ, any info would be appreciated. David is sports and recreaction and at the moment manages a large events centre. Not sure what the jobs are like on that front?

Well that's about it, will be reading all the threads with excitment.

Sara;)

Guest Guest75

Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum:D

Leeds lad mysen - been here 11 years now.

Enjoy the forum,if you have any probs contact one of the mod team.

Loads of info in previous posts,have a good look using the seach facility in the tool bar above:cute::cute:

Guest Yorkrose

Fantastic, Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to gaining all the infomation. :-)

I have no patience though, once I decide to do these things I want to be there! I was the same coming to NZ. The process hopefully won't be as long and painful as it was 6 years ago! All the hard work is done, I just have to jump the small ditc this time!:D

You don't miss Leeds then?? I can't say I miss Barnsley, just family.

Sara

Guest guest3462

Hi Sara,

I'm a Barnsley lass! We have been here in Adelaide 2.5 years now and we love it! There are a few of us tykes around the place and its always nice to hear a familiar accent (cos we'll never lose them lol!) Where are you from in town originally? I lived near Oakwell, we went back last christmas but it only proved to seal my love for Aus, we'll never move back now.

Where are you planning on settling in Adelaide?

Julia x

Guest Yorkrose

Hey Julia,

I am from Wombwell. My brother still lives there with his fiance and children. They are actually coming out to NZ to get married this Christmas. I have loved living here and met my husband here but we are ready for a change. It's really funny as when I went to the expo in the UK for OZ, Adelaide was the place I was interested in. My brother was ready to jump on a plane there and then. However the NZ immigration started chatting to me and convince me that NZ was the place to be. I never lost sight of maybe moving to OZ one day. My hubby says I had to come to NZ first to pick him up on the way!

I have three girls Toni 20, Becky 18 and Kate 14. David has two boys Chris 21 and Dan 19. Only the two youngest girls would come with us. Toni my eldest lives with her partner here in CHCH and Isaac their son who is 15mths! Yes a granny at 39 was a shock but I love it! It would be hard leaving them but after moving 12 thousand miles away from the UK nothing fazes me now!

As regards where to live...not sure as we have not even been yet! David has a sister in Melbourne so we are going to travel over to them and then onto Adelaide in October for a week. Check out areas etc. Any suggestions would be great! I think teaching is very different as i have heard they place you. To be honest I would be happy relieving for a while anyway. We would possibly look at coming to live end of next year.

I get very giddy thinking about it!!!

Thanks for your post lovely to know another Barnsley Lass - none quite like us!!! ;) I may be asking some silly questions along the way!

Sara x

Guest Guest75
Fantastic, Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to gaining all the infomation. :-)

I have no patience though, once I decide to do these things I want to be there! I was the same coming to NZ. The process hopefully won't be as long and painful as it was 6 years ago! All the hard work is done, I just have to jump the small ditc this time!:D

You don't miss Leeds then?? I can't say I miss Barnsley, just family.

Sara

I'm sure it won't be as painful to move this time:biglaugh:

Nope,don't particularly miss Leeds.Just family,friends,he odd good pub and the North Yorkshire Moors.:cute:

Guest Yorkrose

Hi Helene,

My grandma is from Scarborough. :-) Thanks so much. I guess a lot of the hard stuff you are going through I went through 5.5 years ago. However we still have a few hurdles to jump and nerves kick in as we have a good life here in NZ. Worried we may be taking a big risk!

Hey life is an adventure! :D

Guest helene73
Hi Helene,

My grandma is from Scarborough. :-) Thanks so much. I guess a lot of the hard stuff you are going through I went through 5.5 years ago. However we still have a few hurdles to jump and nerves kick in as we have a good life here in NZ. Worried we may be taking a big risk!

Hey life is an adventure! :D

That's right life is a adventure it's a good attitude to have :) I have never been to Adelaide!!! So it's a bit scary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

My name is Sara, I am from Yorkshire (Barnsley Lass) but moved out to New Zealand almost 6 years ago! I am married to a Kiwi, David and we have 5 children between us, 4 of which are now adults! This brings back so many memories of typing on the NZ forums before I moved out here. So already know a bit of what you are all feeling.

Well...we are ready for the move again!!! We are going to Adelaide to take a look in October and with a bit of luck hope to be out there by next year. I have to get my citizenship here or David could sponsor me to come to OZ. Two of my girls would be coming with us also.

I am a newly qualified primary school teacher working in CHCH. I have heard the system is very different from the UK or NZ, any info would be appreciated. David is sports and recreaction and at the moment manages a large events centre. Not sure what the jobs are like on that front?

Well that's about it, will be reading all the threads with excitment.

Sara;)

:) Hiya Sara,

We are still in Barnsley, hoping to be in Adelaide in the next year/two - got to get our visa first!! We contemplated NZ briefly, but knew Adelaide was really where we wanted to be. Old school pal of mine is there (CHCH), doing comedy now - Reuben Lee. He's actually done some comedy in Adelaide, so hoping to bump into him some day!!

The number of Tykes you come across on here just shows how small the world has become!

Let us know how you get on with your visit in October.

Rachael x

Guest Yorkrose

Hi Rachel,

Gosh loads of us Barnsley folk are going to be there! where abouts are you from, my broyther is still in Wombwell. :-) will keep you informed of what we think in October, very excited. NZ is very beautiful, I guess we are just ready for another adventure!

Still scary even though it is not as far to get home to NZ from Adelaide lol.

I do consider NZ to be my home now and not the UK!!!!!

Hope all goes well for you, keep in touch

Sara x

Hi Rachel,

Gosh loads of us Barnsley folk are going to be there! where abouts are you from, my broyther is still in Wombwell. :-) will keep you informed of what we think in October, very excited. NZ is very beautiful, I guess we are just ready for another adventure!

Still scary even though it is not as far to get home to NZ from Adelaide lol.

I do consider NZ to be my home now and not the UK!!!!!

Hope all goes well for you, keep in touch

Sara x

We live just off Wakefield Road - across from New Lodge (not in New Lodge may I STRESS!!!! Does that explain my need to move?!)

All information most welcome! Enjoy your visit and keep in touch :)

Rach x