Visa 176 Adelaide we're coming soon I hope!

Guest teresa lynch

Guest teresa lynch

Hi

I joined POA yesterday and just wanted to say hi.

Our jouney has been a long one so far we stated in April 2009 My husband Edd is a mechanic and Im a PA to head of Psychology for East Kent we have three children Adam 11 and Twins Eben and Freya 4. We instructed our agent in June 09 and in Oct 09 Edd completed and passed his Vetassess we then applied for State Sponsorshp for Adelaide Jan 10. We were then held up for almost a year while all of the DIAC changes were made and SS was shut down. We reapplied for SS in Jan 11 and approved in April 11

Edd and I lodged our 176 visa application on the 5th April and we were given until the 2nd May to provide the coloured scans/certified copies. Unfortunately we were caught with Easter and May Day bank holidays and so our time was shortened considerably due to the bank holiday shutdowns. I am glad to say thogh that we both took a week off and got all info sent to our agent withing 4 days! confused.gif It was hard work but managable!

Good news for us was that we were issued a case officer on the 12th May v_SPIN.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gifmuch to our shock after being advised that it'd be 10 to 18 months before we heard anything!!!!

We have now sent off police checks (17th May) and booked medicals (31st May). Its all very exciting but that doesn't stop us from waking up in a cold sweat thinking we wont pass our meds or PC. Isn't it weird how you panic about the stupidest thing?

Any advice on how to calm the nerves, when we should put house on the market look into shipping etc would be gratly received.

Can't believe that after all this time suddenly it's all happened in the space of 6 weeks just the last hurdle now feeling quite nervous about police check and med results.

Best wishes

Teresa

Guest bidsandrew

Hi, we are in a similar situation to you, seemed to take forever to get started and now it is all flying! We could only get a medical appt for 9th June, thats the soonest they had but our case officer wants everything back by the 15th June so going to be a last minute rush again!

I kind of had the same questions, when to put our house on the market, look into containers, schools, areas, etc.... It seems that once your medicals are done your visa is issued quite quickly.

We are also nervous about medicals! You just never know what might come up although hopefully nothing! I just wish I could get an earlier appt to get it over and done with!

Anyway good luck with the process and hope it all goes smoothly.

Bridget

Guest teresa lynch

We wre initially told week commencing 13th June when I enquired but when the medical centre phoned back we were offered the 31st May I guess they must have had a cancellation.

I couldn't believe the difference in price for the medicals. We had the option of two for our area both of which are an hour away by car and the cost for the five of us was £940 (with discount) in Brentwood and £740 in Maidenhead. Is this about the same as you have paid (£200 per adult £185 over 11 and £80ish for under 5s)

We have roughly decided on area after a massive use on google earth and realestate.com.au using street view and area reviews. We are looking mainly at Moana, Aldinga beach, seaford and Nourlunga you seem to get much more for you money. these are all about 45 mins from Adelaide city if you want to be closer to the city then Happy Valley and Craigmore looked nice.

Let me know how you go with the meds.

Teresa

Guest natmark
We wre initially told week commencing 13th June when I enquired but when the medical centre phoned back we were offered the 31st May I guess they must have had a cancellation.

I couldn't believe the difference in price for the medicals. We had the option of two for our area both of which are an hour away by car and the cost for the five of us was £940 (with discount) in Brentwood and £740 in Maidenhead. Is this about the same as you have paid (£200 per adult £185 over 11 and £80ish for under 5s)

We have roughly decided on area after a massive use on google earth and realestate.com.au using street view and area reviews. We are looking mainly at Moana, Aldinga beach, seaford and Nourlunga you seem to get much more for you money. these are all about 45 mins from Adelaide city if you want to be closer to the city then Happy Valley and Craigmore looked nice.

Let me know how you go with the meds.

Teresa

We had our medicals done at Brentwood on Saturday (21st) and it cost us £760 for 4 of us. They were lovely there. We were worried as we do have a stroppy 2 year old who is scared of doctors but they were great with her (so no mortifying public strops!)

They do e-health there so they send it as soon as they have all the results (7-10 days apparently). So, we're just anxiously waiting for the verdict!

Natalie

Guest teresa lynch

We're hoping that Maidenhead clinic are going to be ok with the twins. With five of us I guess it's going to be a long day! Hope they have e-health too.

Have you looked into employment yet Natalie? Im looking at PA work, admin manager and project management etc.

Have you looked at areas to move to?

Good luck hope you get results through soon!

Teresa

Guest natmark
We're hoping that Maidenhead clinic are going to be ok with the twins. With five of us I guess it's going to be a long day! Hope they have e-health too.

Have you looked into employment yet Natalie? Im looking at PA work, admin manager and project management etc.

Have you looked at areas to move to?

Good luck hope you get results through soon!

Teresa

Well I work for an electricity network distribution company in the south east so thats my background so I'll probably start with the equivalent in Oz and go from there.

Not sure on areas yet. Will have to do some more research.

Good luck with the medicals. They only took about an hour and a half for us 4 so it's not too bad

Natalie

Guest guest3462

Congrats! You'll have your visa in no time now! We got our visa 3 days after our last medical docs were recieved by the case officer. Aldinga beach is lovely, especially for kids with the beach being safe to swim in summer. Schools are a plenty and there are no end of activity groups. We love it here!