whats it like living in Moana and Aldinga

Guest teresa lynch

Guest teresa lynch

Hi

I'm quite new to the site and have only posted a few replies so far. our family consists of me (Teresa 35, PA) hubby (Edd 39, Mechanic and M.O.T. tester) Son (Adam 11) and twins (Eben and Freya 4)

We are at the final stages of our 176 visa application and have now completed our police checks (17th May) and medicals (31st May E-Health) the waiting is awfull, any tips on coping with the anxiety welcome!!

We have researched areas to live and really like to look of Aldinga and Moana can anyone give us a good insight into these places, jobs, schools, recreation etc?

We'd love to make some new friends in the same position as us.

hope to hear from some of you soon.

Teresa:D

Guest ozarsenal

Lived in Aldinga for last 6 years and worked here for last 3 and love it. I had lived in Golden Grove, North Haven and a few other northern suburbs before, but love being near the beach, wineries and hills - less than 10 minutes to all of them and still within an hour of the CBD.

Guest Coleybear

Personally having grown up in Port Noarlunga South (moved to the UK 10 years ago and just returned with a pommy husband and son) I think Aldigna is a bit too far out. Depends where you work really. We live in Seaford Meadows which I intially thought was way too far away but with the express way its fanastic getting into the City. We are about 10 min walk to the beach and are the suburb right next to Moana. Moana has the holiday feeling! Amazing Beach too!

Hi there - We live in Moana, and I feel that I am totally living the dream!

Moana is a lovely place to live - right next to the beach, easy to walk to local shops, theres a school...Nice places to eat - Deep Blue Cafe and the Surf Club...a caravan park .......its child friendly as you dont get passing traffice (unless you live on the Esplanade)....

I truly wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

Sarahx

We lived in Seaford just up the road from Moana..we loved it beach on your doorstep..good shops nearby too...good surf club with cheap beer....lovely poeple in the area always up for a chat on the esplenade.

We now live in Aldinga Beach and love the quietness.....beautiful hills giving a backdrop to this lovely little burb....shops are very close by 2/3 min walk....great mechanincs very nearby

http://www.merchantcircle.com.au/business/M.D.Auto.Care.08-8557-6889

One of the best beaches around is just a few mins away by car...drive on in the summer so no need to cart all your gear around, great fishing, cricket, footy, bowls, netball, hockey clubs, just need a bloody good pub within staggering distance..lol

Aldinga Scrub is just down the road for us, every now and again off we go for walk in the scrub and check out the roos...there are some huge ans i mean huge ones down there.

there is a surf club its bot as big as Moana but it will get there, Seb wants to do surf club again next year its between Moana and Aldinga.

anyhting else you need just give us a shout.

HG

Moana is a lovely place to live - right next to the beach, easy to walk to local shops, theres a school...Nice places to eat - Deep Blue Cafe and the Surf Club...a caravan park .......its child friendly as you dont get passing traffice (unless you live on the Esplanade)....

Sarahx

it aint bad.....:notworthy:

HG

Guest teresa lynch

Hi

Edd'll definitely be up for a chat and very happy to know someone in his trade! Can you give any advice on job hunting or do you know of any vacancies or good contacts?

We've now received one police check back (Edd's) and apparently mine has been posted today so on the final straight now I guess.

Edd is thinking of getting a monorbike when we arrive in OZ, what are the roads like?

Any advice on short term rentals for on arrival?

Sorry for all the questions.

Teresa

If were available all too willing to give you a quick show around...one of the best wine regions in the world down here...been shopping there meself today..Leconfield = very nce....

Short term rentals there are some guys on here whom are into that...tyke....tamara....to name just two...drop them a PM i am sure they will be able to sort you something out....

HG

Hi Teresa

We love Moana!!!

We too have lived in a few areas around Adelaide but love the south and the beach, Moana beach is great as it has a drive on area as well as a child friendly section. so close to Mclaren Vale wine region and very friendly and quiet. Good choice of schools and they are extending the Seaford Shopping Center and also with the new rail extension at Seaford there will be quicker transport links very close by.

Its a lovely area.:daydreaming:

Good luck with your plans

Kim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest teresa lynch

Hi

Visa received yesterday 20th June!!!! can you PM me and hubby please. We love to make some friends who are in the trade!

Teresa

Guest Guest6899

Sarahx

Oh it sounds like home and away i want some of that, lol :D

Guest bristow1

Hi Congratualtions on receiving your visa! You can now start living the dream :D Me and my husband live in Aldinga beach & love it! Its out the way of all the hustle & bustle but not to far away from the main city or Marion - another large shopping centre! We are right on the doorstep to the beautiful beach and just round the corner to the wine region - Mclaren vale! There is a small shopping center up the road with all necessary amenities! It a lovely quiet lifestyle but still in reach of everything else! And the people here are great! There a few schools around here to and also nursery's if you have children! x x x :cute:

Guest Mrs PHH

We live in Moana :) and love it here. I work in the city and the journey's not too bad, well better than the UK and will be even better next year when the train extension's finished.

The beaches of Moana and Maslin are great. Moana is child friedly with a gradully sloping beach, Maslin is dog friendly and has a sand bank which make it great for body boarding.

There's a variety of schools church (private) and state schools, both primary and secondary.

The vineyards of McClaren Vale are 10 mins away and the saturday morning farmers market at Willunga is fantastic. There's local shops for bits and bobs and Marion's not too far if more serious shopping is required. Moarlunga is 10 mins away and has swimming, cinema, ice-skating, bowling and laser quest.

There's local sport for the kids and adults - netball, football, rugby, AFL, golf, crown green bowling and others.

In the winter the whales make an appearance, occasionally locally if we're lucky, but mostly down at Victor Harbor (50 mins away).

To cap it all, I get home from work and walk the dogs on the beach watching the sunset and we're sometime spoilt by the dolphins swimming by...and away goes the stress...aaahhhhhhhh

Hope this helps, though I've just read it back to myself and guess I must be biased! Or I'm living in a dream location!

Mrs PHH :)