first post

Guest kmcd

Hi, This is my first post thought it would be good to get in touch with other people in a similiar situation to myself and family. We have been accepted by south australia on a temp visa and submitted our application for visa sub class 475 at the end of November just about to make dates for medicals and get police checks done. i would love to hear from any families in similiar situations or families who have recently moved to Adelaide and surroundings areas .

Best Wishes Karen

Guest graandjac

Hi Karen , great news the first step completed, welcome to PIA there is loads of good advice from very nice folks on here who will always be here to help. We are right at the end now and hope to be in Adelaide Mid feb.....there is light at the end of the tunnel....not sure where you live but there is a meet in Crawley on the 12th jan look in the meet up section the more the merrier. Cheers Graham

Thanks Graham, we're in livingston half way between Edinburgh and Glasgow will have a look and see if any meet ups near us. Congratulations on your visa being granted must be a big relief!! Any plans on where you and the family are going to settle we've been looking at different areas its really hard to pick the right area to meet all the family's needs jobs for us school for 14 year old ,college/university for 16 year old lots to think about or maybe i'm getting a bit ahead of myself !!Its hard to know where to start !! Thanks and good luck on your move.

Regards Karen

Guest cunnah10
Hi, This is my first post thought it would be good to get in touch with other people in a similiar situation to myself and family. We have been accepted by south australia on a temp visa and submitted our application for visa sub class 475 at the end of November just about to make dates for medicals and get police checks done. i would love to hear from any families in similiar situations or families who have recently moved to Adelaide and surroundings areas .

Best Wishes Karen

Hi we are in the same situ as you(same visa & same stage).When i say we i mean myself Gill 40,hubby Tom(british telecom engineer)and 4 kids(age 3 to 10).All very exciting and also very scary and very emotional(dreading the goodbyes,especially my elderely parents who will never make it out there unfortunately).When are hoping to actually make the big move and do you have any areas in mind to settle in yet?

Gill

Guest graandjac

Hi Guys, you can never start to soon we found the more info the better and however small the question ask it....no question is stupid . We are hoping to set up in the Seaford , Noarlunga , Moana area, after our reccie in Oct these areas had a good vibe, not that any had a bad one, our brats are 10 and 9 so the city is not our main priority, we live 5 mins walk from the beach here in sunny sussex and we want to be as close to the beach as we can. Iam sure there are a few other members from Scotland, why not organize a meet yourself it is a great way to meet other people going to Adelaide, and if there is one bit of advice we can offer it is to network... network... network...it has helped us no end making new mates to meet on the other side. Cheers Graham

hello karen and family and welcome :cute:

it sure is difficult to think ahead and try to plan - i wish it was that simple :biglaugh:

we haven't even been yet and won't go before the big move so we'll have to do lots of driving around to get a feel of the areas!

i hope our 2 monsters won't go too mad :wacko:

good luck with your decisions and we'll see you on the other side!

Thanks your your reply ,same goes with us not been before scary or what !!! i think that just makes it even more exciting more places to explore over the coming years in our case more than a few holidays will be spent exploring OZ and all the delights it has to offer. Not so easy to have a weekend city break when your there eh !! Have you any thoughts of an area you'll go to yet ?so much to think and plan for !i love it though very exciting a new life awaits.

cheers Karen

Hi Gill, I would love to think we could make the move late summer, August hopefully although Keith (HUBBY)thinks i'm being a bit optimistic i hope not !! Stil looking on the web and going to start asking on here about areas etc a lot to consider we have two teenage boys 14 and 16 !!!! one needs to finish schooling and other possible TAFE OR university place. What about you and your family any ideas? Keith's an electronic engineer so he's been looking at likely places of work for him need to look a lot further. Nice to hear from someone in the same situation keep in touch.

Karen

Guest cunnah10

Hi Karen keep positive if i am aiming for the big move by Sept 08 then you could too!Although you do have the kids to consider with being older than mine and in a diffrent situ regarding education etc!How do they feel moving to oz with being 14 & 16?very hard age!We did go out for 2 weeks last june and had an amazing time!Supposed to have been a fact finding trip we spent the 1st week right down south in Encounter Bay(Victor Harbour) it was fantastic but forced ourselves to move further north to explore life in the suburbs!It is so right what people say you can't possibly experience enough of ozzie life in just a few weeks!Everybody is so friendly though they just can't do enough for you and so happy all the time!Is a real eye opener to how gloomy a lot (not all) of the uk is!My kids can't wait to get back there again!Areas i really can't comment as i don't know enough about them!There are a few even in the short time we were there i wudn't want to live in but you get that anywhere!You have to be prepared there are fantasic areas and "not" so fantastic!Think it all comes down to doing your homework and not jump into buying the first house you see and regretting it!If you are not happy were you decide to buy your home then you are not going to settle and i'm sure many have done this!I don't often join in on this site but click on for a nozy every day!It is a great site and so very helpful and reassuring!

Good Luck and keep in touch

Gill

Hi Gill, Thanks for replying yeh boys are at a difficult stage thats teenagers for you i suppose !! 16 nearly 17 year old is just finishing school sitting his highers in May so he's thinking about UNI or TAFE college still a lot of research to do ,however both are available throughout Adelaide so shouldn't be a problem. This biggest problem is leaving his girlfriend more for her i fear:( !!.The younger one 14 nearly fifteen not enjoying school here at the moment will have his final two years in Oz and with different structure i'm sure he will settle a lot bettehave spoken to teacher here who previously taught in OZ and he also felt that Callum would be at a good standard to slot in due to differences in structure. Are you a member of any other site as you say you don't join in with this one very much ? I hope to log on on a daily basis but back to work on Monday so will see how the time goes !!You will also have a lot of organising due to the different ages of your children, nursery place and scholing. Hope all goes well, keep in touch

Karen