1st post - just thinking about it

Guest Themorganclan

Guest Themorganclan

Hi

The Morgan Clan are just in the process of thinking about emigrating to Australia.

Think we can only get visa's for Adelaide and would love to hear from any familys who have made the move and how they have found it.

would love to hear the pro's and con's

cheers

Em (36) Shaun (36) Amelie (2) Callum (14) Lewis ( 12)

hello the morgan clan and welcome :wubclub:

if adelaide is your goal then this is the right site for you!

we haven't been there yet and won't go before the big move either so can't really answer your question. but i am sure many will very soon :)

what attracted us was the layout with sea, hills, valley so close together and that you basically can get everywhere in a very short time! and also to hear that it's very family friendly which suits us just fine with 2 little ones!

good luck on your journey :cute:

and any info on adelaide check out www.adelaidebound.com

Guest lastboyscout

There are no cons, just go for it :)

Welcome to PIA, its very addictive and theres loads of helpful stuff on here and on a very helpful site which someone on here set up (HI Lisa:p)

www.adelaidebound.com/

Loads of helpful stuff on there ;)

Oh and good luck :)

Hi

The Morgan Clan are just in the process of thinking about emigrating to Australia.

Think we can only get visa's for Adelaide and would love to hear from any familys who have made the move and how they have found it.

would love to hear the pro's and con's

cheers

Em (36) Shaun (36) Amelie (2) Callum (14) Lewis ( 12)

Welcome to PIA, there will be loads of people on soon when they wake up who have already made it. We will soon be there hopefully, whats attracted us was the way of life that oz can offer us and as we see it a future for our two kids. After going on reccie in August we came away more determined to get there even though it was nothing like what we expected from what you hear. We are so glad we went.

Good luck with what ever you plan to do and dont be afraid to ask loads of questions on here as there is loads of great people with a lot of info that they share

Guest Themorganclan

WOW thanks for the ultra quick replys, we are going to think of 100000 questions now, feel excited at the fact that there are other people out there doing what we are thinking of.

em

Guest graandjac

:biglaugh::biglaugh:em there are more than a few there are millions .....but wait for it in time there will be a negative reply soon....???....lol the pros out weigh the cons in my book, go for it.

Cheers Graham

Guest cornish Busdriver

Hi Morgan Clan.

Go for it. We went out in june for a rekkie and so glad we did.

Adelaide is an amazing place. Great wildlife parks, very friendly people, great food and very clean.

Missus said the only down point was the beer is to bloody cold.

Happy new year.

Welcome morgan clan,

PIA is a fantastic site, for getting and/or sharing information, having a blether in one of the various chat rooms and meeting up either in the UK or in Adelaide.

It's a great way to meet others going through the same thing and getting answers to the questions that may seem a bit idiotic, but they make sense on here.

Good luck with your journey in whatever you decide.

Hi there Morgan Clan, we are also just in the early stages thinking about emigrating to Adelaide as we have family there. Never been before but heard nothing but good reports.

We are not sure which Visa to apply for we are still looking into everything and trying to gather as much info as possible so any help greatly needed!!! :)

Thinking of doing it all ourselves without an agent - good idea or not??? Wouldn't know where to start as to what visas to look into, husband a joiner. Help!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Joanne

welcome to PIA, give a few agents a call as the initial contact that you have is free, that way you can get as much information as possible. Explain your current circumstances and what you both do and they will advise you as to the type of visa that you can apply for.

Bingo! you then know exactly what visa you need to go for and start the ball rolling. There are plenty on here who have done the full visa process themselves, so they could supply you with the necessary paperwork and weblinks. Personally we went with an agent, only because we did not have the time to do everything ourselves.

But good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for that advice, I suppose it would be best to speak to some agents first. Just wondering about the sponsored visas, how does that work? Do they still accept sponsorship from family members or not because I think it might have changed (probably wrong!!) If not how does the state sponsorship work? (I probably sound really thick at this stage now:daydreaming:

We are being sponsored by my cousin, who was born in Adelaide. (whom I had never even spoke to before we started this process). As far as I'm aware you can get family sponsorship as long as they are a full blood relative or state sponsorship if you have a trade on the modl list that they are desperate for.

I think that with your OH being a joiner you wouldn't have any problems, as it is a skilled trade. Even if you decide to go it alone it is worth while speaking to an agent just to get their thoughts on the matter and the free advice that goes with it. But as I said before there are loads on here who have done the process themselves and will help you as much as they can, because we have an agent, we just tend to send in what they ask for and they do the rest.

But keep the questions coming, as we have all been in the same situation as yourselves and needed to start somewhere and believe me there is no better place to start than PIA!

Guest Themorganclan

Hi Joanne, Good to hear there are other people in the same predicament as us, I have two sisters in Sydney but neither of them are citizens yet. Weonly have the choice to go to Adelaide as neither myself or my husband are on the skilled list ( marketing manager and contracts manager ) We have spoken to a couple of agents and they were very useful. also good to look out for local seminars that manyof the agents hold. I went to one about 6 months ago and they invite along pension / moving / money advisors as well as offer dicounted rates if you sign up on the day.

let us know how you get on.

our big question at the moment is Oz or NZ???????

em

Guest Django

Welcome 'The Morgan Clan' and 'JoanneV' To PIA.

It's a great way to meet others going through the same thing and getting answers to the questions that may seem a bit idiotic, but they make sense on here.

Agree here. Go along to meets. By speaking to people you can learn loads. Also don't be shy and pop into the chatroom when you see someone in there. You can pick up all sorts of stuff that can save you time and money. Remember... the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.;)

Thinking of doing it all ourselves without an agent - good idea or not??? Wouldn't know where to start as to what visas to look into, husband a joiner. Help!!!!!!!!!!

If you are in a trade as you are, I would advise doing at least the TRA (skill assessment) through an agent. The visa application is a doddle and you can do that yourself online. I can't see the point of paying an agent to do that part. We have done the whole thing ourselves but then Tracey's skill assessment was straight forward being a nurse.