Guest Cat83

Guest Cat83

Hi Everyone

Im new to all of this and just wanted to introduce myself....

My name is Catherine I'm 28 and moving to Adelaide in November with my fiance, Dave (35) who is an Aussie. Im a teacher and Dave is a Graphic Designer.

We are in the last stages of our visa application and our case officer is just waiting on my police check coming through (and unless there are any surprises, I'm sure it will go through fine!!)

Im hoping to make some new friends when we get over there so if there is anyone else thinking the same then i would love to hear from you!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lesley F

Hi Cat, Welcome to PIA.I'm just waiting on news now,had my meds last Tuesday so hopefully on the last hurdle fingers crossed.I'm Lesley a hairdresser from the Borders which is about an hour away from you.If I get the golden ticket I'm hoping to go in Feb or March next year.Hope things happen quickly for you both.Would be good to keep in touch and meet up when we get over there :-)

Guest Cat83
Hi Cat, Welcome to PIA.I'm just waiting on news now,had my meds last Tuesday so hopefully on the last hurdle fingers crossed.I'm Lesley a hairdresser from the Borders which is about an hour away from you.If I get the golden ticket I'm hoping to go in Feb or March next year.Hope things happen quickly for you both.Would be good to keep in touch and meet up when we get over there :-)

Hi Lesley!

Sounds like we are only a few weeks apart in the process, i had my meds in May and got my police check sent off a few weeks ago, just waiting on it all being finalised now! I keep rushing home after work to check the mail - its hard waiting!!!

What type of visa are you applying for? Hope everything goes well for you too, i'm definately up for keeping in touch and getting together over there, have you any idea of where you will live when you get there?

x

Guest Lesley F

Hi again it's so nerve racking lol, I'm the same only had my meds done last week and I'm checking already lol think I need to be patient and stop checking for a week or 2!!! I'm applying on a 176 I originally wanted WA as all my mates are there but due to all the changes last year I am now eligable for SA which now that I've done my research I'm happy with that.(just a bit nervous of going myself) but lifes a gamble and I really want to be in Australia so I will give it my best shot. I would quite like to be near the beach and the city and I like the look of Glenelg,Brighton or Henley Beach.Think I'm gonna look for a house share to start with just so that I can meet like minded people and decide where I want to Settle. When Do you hope to go over?? fingers x u get some good news soon x