Making new friends (FAMILIES)

Guest spice

Guest spice

LOOKING TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS FAMILIES IN ADELAIDE WE ARE STILL IN ENGLAND AT THE MOMENT AND COMING OVER LATER ON THIS YEAR EARLY NEXT SO WOULD LIKE HEAR FROM FAMILIES ALREADY OUT THERE OR ONES THAT ARE GOING SOON LIKE US...WE ARE A FAMILY OF 4 HUSBAND WIFE AND CHILDREN GIRL AND BOY :cute:

Guest spice

We are both in our forties and my son is fifteen and my daughter is 11 we visited queensland two years ago and loved it but sadly they turned us down and now we have got a state sponsership in adelaide....sorry not understanding how to use this message post very well so hope you get this all ok...we have never visited adelaide but we want to be in australia so much we are prepared to take the gamble !!! Hope this makes sense ??

You doing just fine, makes perfect sense, we too wanted to go to Queensland (as we had been before) but my Husband got offerd job in Adelaide so made sense really as thats where the work was for us, we aren't tied to any State as we have independent visa and we figured its gotta be better than here lol

My husband is already there as needed to start the job ASAP and getting things sorted that end for us to come out. He is loving it there, although he doesnt rave about it too much because we are still here with lots to do still.

How are your children feeling about the move?

Julie

Guest Miss-Wales1987

Hi. Wow. You must be so excited! I also live down South. At Moana, so 5 mins away from where you will be residing. I'm Welsh and have been in Adelaide about 3 years.. Still trying to make new friends. I've just noticed you have children not too much younger. I'd be happy to go for Coffee or show them around a little when they're settled? Taryn

Guest spice

My boy is doing his gcse's at mo and finishes them after xmas this is why we cant go until he has fininshed...he is excited as he feels that the pospect of finding a job and a career here is laim so he pleased ...and as for my daughter she is just going with the flow and all she is interested in is having nice weather and a pool to swim in...my phil is a plumber by trade and had to go back to college he runs his own company here he dose extensions and hose re fitting but the industry is grim and we are all peed off with it here and want a change badly...it has been stressful for us to get in medicals police checks not to mention all the paperwork...but we need to get our passports stamped this year to finalise it then we can have a peep over there too...if we canafford it we will come over in october this year...whenwillyou be going over then bet you miss him...????

Hi. Wow. You must be so excited! I also live down South. At Moana, so 5 mins away from where you will be residing. I'm Welsh and have been in Adelaide about 3 years.. Still trying to make new friends. I've just noticed you have children not too much younger. I'd be happy to go for Coffee or show them around a little when they're settled? Taryn

Hi Taryn,

Trying not to get too excited otherwise I wont get anything done :biglaugh: I will reserve my excitement for the day we leave, but even just typing this I am getting little flutters in my tummy!!

What are your circumstances? are you living with parents/family or on your own?

Julie

Guest spice

Taryn did you meanmy two children that are the same age??? Yes we are very excited and looking forward to viist in octover this year hopefully and would love to meet with allfuture friends for a coffee as we will be strarting out brand new...nice to meet you stayin contact everyone....sandra

My boy is doing his gcse's at mo and finishes them after xmas this is why we cant go until he has fininshed...he is excited as he feels that the pospect of finding a job and a career here is laim so he pleased ...and as for my daughter she is just going with the flow and all she is interested in is having nice weather and a pool to swim in...my phil is a plumber by trade and had to go back to college he runs his own company here he dose extensions and hose re fitting but the industry is grim and we are all peed off with it here and want a change badly...it has been stressful for us to get in medicals police checks not to mention all the paperwork...but we need to get our passports stamped this year to finalise it then we can have a peep over there too...if we canafford it we will come over in october this year...whenwillyou be going over then bet you miss him...????

Are you doing the process yourselves or using an agent? Have you been granted your visa yet?

We leave on 23rd this month, so not long now and yeah miss him, feels like being a single parent at the moment but not for much longer.

Guest spice

We live at home at the moment and it has just gone on the market once it is sold then we will go into rented accomadation ...hopefully but the housing market is awful no views yet sob...so this bit going to be stressful...

We live in a place called berkshire a little village this way...which part are you from in england i mean...???

No i quite understand that you dont want to get too excited...when do you think you will be over there ??

Guest spice

:notworthy:Oh yes kim that would be lovely i am excited and nervous all in the same breath...not very good with these posts i am afraid on here so bare with me...replying in the only way i know how...will have to log off now and will be back on later today...thank you all for replying nice to meet you sandra

Guest Miss-Wales1987
Hi Taryn,

Trying not to get too excited otherwise I wont get anything done :biglaugh: I will reserve my excitement for the day we leave, but even just typing this I am getting little flutters in my tummy!!

What are your circumstances? are you living with parents/family or on your own?

Julie

Lol.. Yes, completely understandable. I'm living here with family. We all did the move together as Dad got offered work here. We love it, although it was very daunting at first. But it's definately a better way of life.. 5 mins walk away from one of the best Beaches in SA! What more could you want! Although it is a little chilly ATM. Only 4 degrees this morning! But Summer will more than make up for that! Good luck with the move both. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as possible! Look forward to having more British here joining us all! Down South is where we all seem to migrate! I was at the Seaford soccer club on Sunday and there wasn't one Australian in there! All Brits! It was great. Home away from home but such a better way of life!

:notworthy:Oh yes kim that would be lovely i am excited and nervous all in the same breath...not very good with these posts i am afraid on here so bare with me...replying in the only way i know how...will have to log off now and will be back on later today...thank you all for replying nice to meet you sandra

Believe me you'll be whizzing round the site in no time and spending far longer on here than you ever intended to:biglaugh:

Catch you later.

Kim x

Guest spice

:jiggy:Hi Kim ..it has taken us two years to get state sponsership we visited queensland 2/3 yrs ago and we loved it but they refused us....:((( so we now have been sponsered by Adelaide and we are so looking forward to it pls keep in contact...lovely to hear from you I have a boy of fifteen Ryan and a girl called Emily who is Eleven...we hope to visit in October to look around but we only have one week to squeeze it all into...so would be lovely to meet up with you if that is at all possible...perhaps being a bit ambitious...ttfn sandra and gang:arghh:

Lol.. Yes, completely understandable. I'm living here with family. We all did the move together as Dad got offered work here. We love it, although it was very daunting at first. But it's definately a better way of life.. 5 mins walk away from one of the best Beaches in SA! What more could you want! Although it is a little chilly ATM. Only 4 degrees this morning! But Summer will more than make up for that! Good luck with the move both. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as possible! Look forward to having more British here joining us all! Down South is where we all seem to migrate! I was at the Seaford soccer club on Sunday and there wasn't one Australian in there! All Brits! It was great. Home away from home but such a better way of life!

Hi Taryn,

Yes I think it most definitely is, that is what we are hoping for.....not much else, as we dont want to have such high expectations, from what I can see of your weather during the day though you been getting better than we have here and its june!! anyway I will be finding that out for myself real soon.

So what age are you? You must be working? or studying??

Julie

Guest Miss-Wales1987
Hi Taryn,

Yes I think it most definitely is, that is what we are hoping for.....not much else, as we dont want to have such high expectations, from what I can see of your weather during the day though you been getting better than we have here and its june!! anyway I will be finding that out for myself real soon.

So what age are you? You must be working? or studying??

Julie

Yes. Our Winters here are definately better than those back home! Although we do have the heating on full tonight! I don't know how I'd cope with having a British winter now though! Christmas's here take a bit of getting used to that's for sure.. Boiling hot Christmas Day and Mam still does the Full Turkey Dinner with Stuffing and Yorkshire Puds.. Australian's think we're mad, but it's tradition for us! Wouldn't be Christmas without it! I'm 23, I'm working full time but I'm about to begin my Studies in Counselling which I'm looking forward to.

Guest cables

Hi all. Won't be leaving until next year as only in early stages but I am filling up reading the posts from those of you that are out there already, so jealous.... we want it so bad.

What I think is great is that you can connect with people who have already done it...i think everyone must have the same fears whilst in the visa process so it's good to hear that it does happen for families. We are parents and 2 children (5 boy & 2 Girl) and we cannot wait to get over to adelaide, we love it there!... although have no idea where to begin looking for places to live/rent... any suggestions on good websites which talk about schools / crime figures / employment etc....

Best wishes to all those leaving shortly, and to those who have made the move..... ur so lucky! x x

Guest markandcate

Hi everyone, we're moving to Adelaide in September, flights are booked for 14th!! My sister has been living in Adelaide for 20 years now so we won't be on our own but would love to meet some people in same boat as us. We are both 27 and have 2 kids, aged 5 and 18 months, can't say we're looking forward to the flight over tho!!:skeptical:

Guest karyn1
Hi Sandra

We arrive in September, soo excited I can't tell you. :jiggy: Would love to catch up if you come over in October for a coffee, my two girls are 13 and 6.

Good luck with everything.

Kim x:D

Hi Kim,

We arrive the week before you! Have a boy 5, and girl 2, nearly 3, going on 13! Would love to meet new people too if your around ...we are in Port Noarlunga to start !

Hi Kim,

We arrive the week before you! Have a boy 5, and girl 2, nearly 3, going on 13! Would love to meet new people too if your around ...we are in Port Noarlunga to start !

Hi Karyn

We're initially staying in Reynella, but our youngest is going to Port Noarlunga primary so we're going to be settling around that area. Would love to meet up when we get there:D:D

Kim x

Hi everyone, we're moving to Adelaide in September, flights are booked for 14th!! My sister has been living in Adelaide for 20 years now so we won't be on our own but would love to meet some people in same boat as us. We are both 27 and have 2 kids, aged 5 and 18 months, can't say we're looking forward to the flight over tho!!:skeptical:

Hi

We fly over on the 5th September, keep in touch and would love to catch up for a coffee once your settled.

Kim :D:D

Guest Brummie

Hi MeJulie

Make sure you have some winter woolies for when your arrive, it's been very cold especially at night and early mornings. Some nice sunny days though, but be prepared.