newbies

Guest dempseys

Guest dempseys

hi everybody!!

finally logged onto the website at last after many months browsing,

we are at the final stage (medicals just sent to sydney + awaiting police checks) SCARY!!!we put our house on the market in sep as the local market was slow, only for our house to sell within weeks so we have been living with parent for the past few months, which aint been too bad as its like having a live-in nanny ha ha! :D. we are looking to fly out june.

just after some advice bout areas in adelaide, does anyone know anything bout noarlunga downs and what its like? we have a 13month old so we have to be close to civilization, or a vineyard will do!!!

we have so many questions but leave it like that for now as don't want to bombard anyone all in one go! any advice will be grateful.

cheers

mark, macky and aaron

Welcome to PIA, Noarlunga seemed a very nice area when we went there on our reccie. There are alot of nice areas but each one needs to be "right" for you. Everyone will say different things about areas but at end of the day only you can decide.

Good news about your house selling, hope ours goes just as quick when we put on market next week! We are also hoping to get there in June so fingers crossed!

If you have any other questions PIA is a great site to get some answers from like minded people

Good luck

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Guys welcome to PIA, Noarlunga has a great feel, and where the river meets the sea is a fantastic spot, we stayed in Huntfield Heights on our reccie which is just next door in land a little, noarlunga has a large shopping centre with almost everything you need ,its within mins from the beach, Also Old Noarlunga is a fantastic spot with a lovely picnic spot next to the river. All this in mind Noarlunga area is on our short list, .........this area never get much mention on here, but we like it. Good Luck. Cheers Graham

Guest dempseys

cheers for quick response, your quite right what you say, but glad you said it seemed nice as we have been a bit mad and bought land there already, building starts april hopefully if planning goes well, it seemed a really good deal just couldnt help myself!! have regular contact with the builder and he has sent us photos of our plot and a showhome of the house we want and all looks good, but concerned we may be a bit isolated as although we have a child we still like to socialize alot!!

what area are you looking at?

Hi guys and welcome to PIA,

Noarlunga is lovely, it has a gorgeous beach and nice places next to it for pub lunch type meals.

Areas in general are only as isolated as you made them in my opinion, as there is loads to do and plenty of fellow PIA's to meet up with, I'm sure you'll find it a lovely place to bring up your son.

Good Luck and ask away with the questions, there are plenty of us on here both in Oz already and in the UK to help answer anything you want to ask.

Guest dempseys

great thats the missus happy now as she's been really worried she may feel lonely but if theres a shopping centre there then she's a happpy camper!! have done some research into noarlunga and it does look great but like you said no one has mentioned it so was getting scared bought land in dodgeville!!how did you find the reccie? we have travelled around australia before but never to adelaide which makes thing scary as it going to the unkknown.

hello and welcome :wubclub:

we haven't been to adelaide just yet but there are many who moved to the south.

soon you'll get loads of replies how nice it is ;) - which i am sure it IS!

let us know how your housebuild is coming along!

good luck!

Guest dempseys

hi mozzy!!

thanks for the encouraging words, dont want you to think we were rude as didn't reply, but since having baby(14mnths ago!!) memory is sooo bad probably due to lack of sleep aswell. where are you looking at moving? are you planning on doing a reccie??this website is really addictive, as there are days when i have niggles and doubts bout the BIG move but i just come on here and somhow it eases my mind.

macky, mark and aaron