Stokie

Guest dean berridge

Guest dean berridge

Hi all

Just thought I would say hello and ask if there is anybody from Stoke (5 towns) sorry 6, who is going through, awaiting, or has fulfilled their dream?

I have been a member for about 18 months but only recently come back onto it now that visa application lodged. I'm 37 and a bricklayer, my wife of 12 years is Joanne 30 something (daren't put actual)ha ha I have a daughter Chloe 12, and the Krays sorry twins Callum and Ben 8. I would like to chat to discuss your experience, how you have found the move, who you recommend etc. So I look forward from hearing from someone...........anyone.:biglaugh:

Guest the challinors1

Hi we are from Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent, been here nearly 4 years n love it. Best decision we have ever made. It feels like a life time getting you visa, but its worth the wait in the end. Where in Stoke are you from

Cheers

Jayne

Bears no resemblance to Fenton, longton burslem so come on over.

Staffordian through and through but worked the potteries for years.

Utopia it is not but certainly beats derelict bottle kilns.

Enjoy the roller Coaster

If you have any questions pm me, or look for willow1234 husband is a brickie, lovely folks may have good advice

Hi we are from Alsager, Stoke-on-Trent, been here nearly 4 years n love it. Best decision we have ever made. It feels like a life time getting you visa, but its worth the wait in the end. Where in Stoke are you from

Cheers

Jayne

Hi Jayne,

We're from Talke just up the road and my son goes to school in Alsager!! glad you're enjoying life down under.

Jen

Guest the challinors1

yeh just up the road from us, I have a few relatives in Talke, Alsager school is a brilliant school my daughter went their before we came out and before that she was at Highfields.

Woohoo 11 weeks hey.....exciting times ahead..get yer runnign shoes on and hit the grounf running its what you gotta do...its pretty hectic for a while when you first get here...feels loike yer chasin yer arse...

After a while it does slow down enough to allow you to catch your breath....

Enjoy your last few weeks in the UK..and you soon be here....give us a shout if you need anything no matter how trivial it may seem to you....

HG

Woohoo 11 weeks hey.....exciting times ahead..get yer runnign shoes on and hit the grounf running its what you gotta do...its pretty hectic for a while when you first get here...feels loike yer chasin yer arse...

After a while it does slow down enough to allow you to catch your breath....

Enjoy your last few weeks in the UK..and you soon be here....give us a shout if you need anything no matter how trivial it may seem to you....

HG

haha feel like I'm chasin my arse already!!! :biglaugh:

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Kim

Guest dean berridge
Ayup duck ow at? We're from Stoke. Just waiting for medical next week for our 176 visa (scary). What stage are you at?

Hi Jenstev , lodged 176 family visa 16/6/11 it hasn't taken you long to get your visa, congrats.

Guest dean berridge

Cheers

Jayne

Hi Jayne, we're from Longton, my brother is from near where you were Bignall End. Are you glad you made the move then?

Good to hear from you

Dean

Guest dean berridge
Bears no resemblance to Fenton, longton burslem so come on over.

Staffordian through and through but worked the potteries for years.

Utopia it is not but certainly beats derelict bottle kilns.

Enjoy the roller Coaster

If you have any questions pm me, or look for willow1234 husband is a brickie, lovely folks may have good advice

Hi Ratters, thanks for the post dads partners from Stafford, and I have just finished a project down there on the Beaconside, Highfields area.

Hows your husband finding it for work out there?

Thanks

Dean

Hi

Originally from Newcastle and family all there with 2 sisters in Leek. Can you bring me some oatcakes please - I would give anything to have oakcake, cheese and bacon. Good luck with the move and hopefully you can come to the meet whereby we meet the 1st Sunday of every month. Keep any eye on this website re location as normally during summer it is on beach but weather permitting could be elsewhere. It is a good way to meet new friends and share experiences.

Guest dean berridge
Hi

Originally from Newcastle and family all there with 2 sisters in Leek. Can you bring me some oatcakes please - I would give anything to have oakcake, cheese and bacon. Good luck with the move and hopefully you can come to the meet whereby we meet the 1st Sunday of every month. Keep any eye on this website re location as normally during summer it is on beach but weather permitting could be elsewhere. It is a good way to meet new friends and share experiences.

I would love to if they let me, my friend used to own his own oatcake shop in Meir but would he give me recipe:D WOULD HE BUGGERY:sad: The meets sound great:D Cheers