tearful

Guest holsop22

Guest holsop22

Hi all,

Arrived 10 days and well im feeling a bit down!!!!! Hubbies started his new job and im here with the kids, no car, problems in the u k im trying to sort out and im thinking have i done the right thing!!!!! Did or does anyone else feel like this????:sad:

thanks for reading,

rachel.

I felt like that so much at the beginning, don't worry, it will get easier and better! The weather doesn't help does it! :)

I don't know what suburb you are in. but we run an expats playgroup on Tuesdays at the old cottage, byards road, reynella, 1-2.30pm feel free to turn up to let the kids have a play and have a sympathetic ear!

Hi Rachel,I had the exact same feeling as my hubby started work 10 days after we arrived too.I couldn't hold down a conversation without crying!I hated him for bringing me here and every day I was going to get a flight back!Poor Mick had to put up with that for the first 3 months!It truly is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but believe me...it's worth it in the end.Hope you feel better soon.Sharon.x

Guest Guest75

I was the same on the 10 day mark. Went out into the garden and I'm not afraid to admit I had a good cry.

Mrs Tyke came out and asked if I wanted to go "Home"

I replied.

"Home is here,this is where my family is now"

Been here over 11 years now.:cute::cute:

Guest holsop22

Thanks all,i feel like im the only one going through it at the mo!!!even crying when i read all your replies!!!!!

Anyway could i even get out of the damn place with the ash cloud and all? lol.

Guest Guest5035
Hi Rachel,I had the exact same feeling as my hubby started work 10 days after we arrived too.I couldn't hold down a conversation without crying!I hated him for bringing me here and every day I was going to get a flight back!Poor Mick had to put up with that for the first 3 months!It truly is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life but believe me...it's worth it in the end.Hope you feel better soon.Sharon.x

Believe it or not my OH was like it for YEARS, even more so now as her Mums just been diagnosed with C

stevo

We arrived here in November and Hubby started his job 2 weeks after arriving. I had no car and the summer school holidays started so my eldest knew no one and kept moaning about missing his friends. All the kids did all day was bicker and winge, i was shouted at by some strange woman in the supermarket as i told my little one off for running around!? and to top it all we had not had our container so still felt in limbo.

After Christmas it seemed to get worse as Hubby loved his job and was so happy and i felt alone and trapped in the house. End of Jan eldest started school and we bought a car; this was a turning point as i could go and explore easier, find out about playgroups as they started up again after Christmas and i got to know people at school.

I have never looked back and 7 months in this is now home, we have met and become friends with some great people, kids really settled (Eldest has his first Ozzie footie match on Sat!) and love what Adelaide has to offer for us all.

It may seem like a daunting time at the moment but it will get better (when the sun comes out lol). One thing i would say is you have to put yourself out there and go to loads of playgroups / meet ups etc as the more people you meet, the more chance you have of finding some good friends.

I am always up for a park meet if you want to - just pm me.

Take Care

xxxx

It's a bit like after a big event, all the planning and organising that goes into one etc then the event itself means you are usually on an adrenalin rush ...but then it is all over, you are mentally and physically tired and feel extremely flat thinking why do I get myself into things like this. A new life takes time to organise and create. You didn't just walk into your life in the UK, you built it up over many years and if you can stick it out here you will look back in a few years and see how far you have come. For some it takes a bit longer than others. Thing is there is no guarantee that your life would have stayed the same in the UK so as Tyke says it is helpful to realise that for now anyway your life is here now and to use all the opportunities available. If you do this then even if you went back after a couple of years just think of all the things you will have done that are not as possible in the UK.

Guest moonraker1959

Really sorry to hear you are feeling sad.Moving overseas is a huge thing to do,everything is unfamiliar,you don't know anyone,you're probably feeling really tired too.Things will settle down though,it just takes time.Just try and focus on each day and not look too far ahead.Maybe take the kids out for a walk,go to the shops,just seeing other people can sometimes help if you are feeling lonely.Rome was'nt built in a day so be kind to yourself,and if you need to cry,then cry.xx

We have been here over 3 years and i still get a bit teary, i have a little boy back in the UK whom i miss dearly..ther isnt a day that goes by when i dnt think of him ever.

I also have moments when i thinm about my dad, god bless he knew what we were doing and was totally behind us all the way he died of cancer before we came here, i must wished i could have one day with him and show him our new home.

You are not on your own mate, it gets us all at some point one way or another....share on here if it helps no-one will ever berate you for having feelings and letting things go.....

YOUR NOT ALONE.....

xx

HG

Guest holsop22

Thanks all,i want it to work soooo much,i was so excited when we got our visas,couldnt wait to get here.

Still i will give it my best shot and maybe get a few more boxes of tissues!!!

Guest martin495
Hi all,

Arrived 10 days and well im feeling a bit down!!!!! Hubbies started his new job and im here with the kids, no car, problems in the u k im trying to sort out and im thinking have i done the right thing!!!!! Did or does anyone else feel like this????:sad:

thanks for reading,

rachel.

Hi god weve all been there still feel it some days but the kids are happier than ever, as for us you cant replace a lifetime of good friends in a very short space of time.

Is you want to share a bottle of wine with us let me know?

Guest Nishi_2011

Its strange to read all these stories. Even I too have the same feeling after migrating but all these posts are giving me courage to calm down and explore things...

May b in due coarse of time ADELAIDE will be my home....