Emigrate as a Plasterer

Guest lisa1973

Guest lisa1973

Hi, just need a bit of advice please. getting different answers from different agents ! My partner is a fully qualified Solid/Fibrous Plasterer, he has NVQ 3 and and A.C.A in it. He has done 3 years in college and 3 years paid plastering employment. He is 37 years old. Have'nt a clue where to start and if anybody has any information It would be great. Thanks very much, Lisa

As far as I know you will be fine with his qualifications and work experience.

But I would check this out with a qualified agent. We used emigrating solutions and to be honest I couldnt fault them at all, they answered all our questions and phone calls every time.

I am also in the building trade and everything went through fine.

We now have our visa and emigrate on the 4th of Sept.

feel free to ask any more questions or send a PM and I will forward my email address.

All the best Trev.

Guest bosco

hi i just got visa for solid plasterer, i did not have formal qualifications so had to get AQF111 which is equal to NVQ. I had to get References from past employers and photos of work etc.Also copies of tax affairs to prove that i had been active in past year at plastering.takes a while but you will get there in the end.Also think they now insisting on taking the english exam.

Guest lisa1973
hi i just got visa for solid plasterer, i did not have formal qualifications so had to get AQF111 which is equal to NVQ. I had to get References from past employers and photos of work etc.Also copies of tax affairs to prove that i had been active in past year at plastering.takes a while but you will get there in the end.Also think they now insisting on taking the english exam.

Thanks , trying to sort things out with an agent at the moment. However, have a few set backs, My partner (Paul) has done his college course , (whilst working for a Plasterer), He has passed to NVQ3/ACA level but is now short of his experience. Agent is seeing what he can do , might have to wait another year before applying, but we will still go for it and try our best to over there one day :)

When are you going over? and how long did the visa process take for you ?

Guest bosco

hoping for end of the year, visa took 2.5 years from start to finish. This includes having to get Aus tralian qualification then state sponsorship. Hubby should get through fine , he could get a few references from people he may have done work for and state that he has worked in the trade for the past year.Though they did ask me for tax documents.keep the faith and you will get.

Guest lisa1973
hoping for end of the year, visa took 2.5 years from start to finish. This includes having to get Aus tralian qualification then state sponsorship. Hubby should get through fine , he could get a few references from people he may have done work for and state that he has worked in the trade for the past year.Though they did ask me for tax documents.keep the faith and you will get.

Hi, did you do it yourself or with an agent? we are having to get state sponsorship aswell, Paul has a album full of all his college work and every job he has done , so just waiting to see what happens next. All the best in oz when you go :)