Hello Everyone

Guest Tones

Hi all,

I have just joined PIA and see that everyone is really helpful to each other. We are in the process of applying for the temp 3 year visa and have just passed the Vetasses stage.

I am currently a manager in a building society and looking for a similar role in Adelaide. We are looking to move to the Hallett Cove area. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with information regarding the schools there. We have two children, my son is 3 years old and my daughter is only 7 months old.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dee-Anne & Wayne

Hi tones family,

welcome to PIA, there is a friendly bunch on here, I have to agree!

We are also looking at the Hallett Cove area as from the information that we obtained and from what others have said the schools are excellent, from kindy right through to high school. We love the australian no nonsense approach to schooling as far as bullying is concerned, which is brilliant compared with the uk.

Good luck with your process, hope everything goes well for you, keep us posted with how you are doing.

Guest Django

Blimey I hope they are building more houses in Hallet Cove as it seems to be a very popular destination. Obviously everyone wants to be near a good hairdresser. ;):biglaugh:

Welcome to PIA. Hope you find this place as useful as we do.

Pete

Guest donna T

Hi There

My Son who is almost 6 goes to Hallett Cove East school and loves it. The school has around 420 pupils aged from 5 to 13. The younger ones are buddied up with an older kid and they do various activities together like songs, dances, making Christmas deccies etc.

Josh started in reception and settled within 24 hours - amazing to see.

He has grown in confidence and social skills and his reading has come on a treat.

The school is built into single story houses so seems spacious and not too busy.

I really like the school

There are 2 others in Hallett Cove, depending on where you will be living - the R-12 is a much bigger school with more facilities - our neighbours children go there and it has a good reputation.

The Hallett Cove South school is much smaller - ask Roo1 (judi) about this one as Thomas starts there later this month.

For your little one, there are 2 playgroups which become their Kindy once they reach almost 4. Both are great with swings, climbing frames along with playdoh, painting and puzzles. The Hallett Cove pre school also has ducks and chickens which the little ones love.

Let me know if you need more info

Donna x

Hi Donna

This is great information thanks. Could you please provide me with the names of the Kindys so that I can research these on the internet. The more research I can do the better.

It is good to hear that your children have settled in well, its promising especially when I have two children myself. I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi all,

I have just joined PIA and see that everyone is really helpful to each other. We are in the process of applying for the temp 3 year visa and have just passed the Vetasses stage.

I am currently a manager in a building society and looking for a similar role in Adelaide. We are looking to move to the Hallett Cove area. Is there anyone out there who can provide me with information regarding the schools there. We have two children, my son is 3 years old and my daughter is only 7 months old.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dee-Anne & Wayne

Hi Dee-Anne and Wayne,

My husband is from South Shields we have been here four months and we've never met any Geordies! Well almost Geordies. Hallet Cove is a lovely place to live but it's getting a bit expensive to buy in. Can't help you with the schools but all ask a friend of a friend to advise and see if I can help. My advice is to take a bit of time when you arrive and visit the schools, you'll get a feel of them better. If you have to travel to school there are good bus services to just about all the schools, both scollars and regular busses.

Good luck and keep in touch Stuart and Diane

Hi Dee-Anne and Wayne,

My husband is from South Shields we have been here four months and we've never met any Geordies! Well almost Geordies. Hallet Cove is a lovely place to live but it's getting a bit expensive to buy in. Can't help you with the schools but all ask a friend of a friend to advise and see if I can help. My advice is to take a bit of time when you arrive and visit the schools, you'll get a feel of them better. If you have to travel to school there are good bus services to just about all the schools, both scollars and regular busses.

Good luck and keep in touch Stuart and Diane

Hi Stuart and Diane

Me and my husband are living in South Shields. It is nice to hear that it is a nice place to live. I have been looking at houses on the internet and they do seem expensive but not to what we would have to pay to buy a home in england.