info Telecom contracting courses?

Guest cunnah10

Guest cunnah10

Hi could anybody help with any details regarding working as a Telecom Engineer in Oz?

Hubby worked for BT last 20 years and although scored the full 60 points realizes now this means nothing in respect of trade being recognised or jobs being available out there!

He has heard that there is some sort of ozzie contracting course that he could go on that may help(works on contracting in uk for BT at mo).Are there many of these courses available and how long are they for until he can walk away with some sort of certificate etc to try and get a job in Telecom and are these courses expensive?

Any info very much appreciated!I am very concerned that he is giving up a good secure job here and starting again over in oz with no guarantee of a good job again in Telecom. Getting a job priority with 4 kids to look after!

Gill

Guest Leanne & Mark

Er 'fraid not but we're in same position. Going on a General communications Tradespersons (marks a regional manager for bt structured cabling) He is doing his prince 2 course nx month, and we've seen jobs advertised in aus wanting prince2 managers unfortunately not in adelaide !!! YET !!!

Hey if all else fails i'll be sending him to the mines, that or selling the kids lol.

Guest cunnah10
Er 'fraid not but we're in same position. Going on a General communications Tradespersons (marks a regional manager for bt structured cabling) He is doing his prince 2 course nx month, and we've seen jobs advertised in aus wanting prince2 managers unfortunately not in adelaide !!! YET !!!

Hey if all else fails i'll be sending him to the mines, that or selling the kids lol.

Got to just take a chance i'm sure it will all work out!We too going over with hubby under same title and on the 3 year temp visa!Very hard to get facts about definate jobs from this end although like yourselves we have been searching the internet to find Telecom Employment but not in Adelaide!

Just our luck!But not one to give up easily!Will go through every channel once we get there and if not like you i could always send him to the mines!!!

Gill