Hi all

Guest edd209

Guest edd209

Hi i'm Eddie,

New to this sight hope to make some useful contacts and friends in the next few months before we make the move to Adelaide.

We have been granted visas just waiting for the go ahead to send passports off after renewing mine. Seems like theres always something else to wait for!

House has just gone on market so as soon as were sold were off.

:arghh::smile:

Guest moviemummy

Welcome! Great news abot your visas. Congratulations.

There is an absolute wealth of information on here and also loads of great support.

Good luck selling your house and with your plans for the big move.

L x

Guest edd209

Thank you,

It is all a bit daunting! Looking forward to finding out more about whats to come!!

How did you find it all? Hoping my nerves can take the journey with 5 yr old twins and an 11 year old son.

Eddie x

Guest andyboy66

Hi Eddie,

In much the same position, house going on market on Tuesday, hoping to move to Adelaide in January.

Good luck with everything

Guest edd209

Cheers guys. Looking forward to getting out there and on with it!!

Don't know wether to look for jobs online or just wait till I get their? From what I hear it is prefferred to hire face to face!

Being a mechanic I hear there is lots of work out there.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Congratulations on your news and Good luck with the house,

There is nothing wrong with emailing/ cold calling for jobs you never know what replies you might get, you may find alot will not get back to you, however you may find that they will and will want to make appointments with you for when you come over.

This is what I did I applied for loads of jobs(chef) and was amazed how positive alot of the companies were. Just make a list , do a cover letter+resume and email it off to them stating you have a permanent Visa etc... .

You never know what results / contacts you can make. Like you said check on line,use google have a look through ninemsn,career one,

All the best and enjoy

Guest moviemummy
Thank you,

It is all a bit daunting! Looking forward to finding out more about whats to come!!

How did you find it all? Hoping my nerves can take the journey with 5 yr old twins and an 11 year old son.

Eddie x

Hi Eddie

It has taken over 3 years from our initial contact with an agent to being granted the visa. Still can't believe we are actually going in just over 4 weeks. Was rough at times but we kept hold of our dream. Takes lots of planning and wine! Need to dry out when we arrive!!!!

Do you know where you would like to live? City/coast/hills?

We have a 14 year old girl and 12 year old boy. They have been amazing throughout. It was huge secret for so long, we both - OH and I - didn't want to lose our jobs prior to the grant of the visa. They kept it so well. Very proud. It was a great day when I texted them at school and told them they could let their friends know.

Laura x