Hi everyone!

Guest orlaandjoe

Guest orlaandjoe

My name is Orla and myself, my partner and our little boy are hoping to move to South australia as soon as we can. I'm a midwife and we are applying for 176 state sponsered visa. At the minute we are waiting for my skills assessment which was sent off 22 weeks ago now (arghh!) Can anyone recommend good areas to live? We were hoping for something close to the beach but not too far from adelaide, and somewhere family friendly. We have been looking at Glenelg, Aldinga beach and hallett cove to name but a few! any suggestions or info would be great!

Thanks!:smile::smile:

Guest moviemummy

Hi Orla

Good luck with the rest of your visa journey and a big welcome to this site.

We're not there yet but fly 16/08/11. There are 4 of us - mum, dad and 2 kids. We are going to Seaford Rise for 12 months to begin with. We have been to the area before and particularly like Aldinga Beach but felt, for now any way, we would like to be a bit closer to things.

Glenelg is lovely but seemed expensive. We were based there for the first 4 days of our recce trip. Supose it all depends on what you are looking for?

You will find a lots of good sound information on here and loads of interesting people!

L x

Guest milne family

Hi there, we are in the same boat having recently recieved our 176 visa, moving to the adelaide area also. Good luck with the rest of your visa application :smile:

Guest orlaandjoe

Thank you very much for your replies!Moviemummy that is so exciting that you are ready to go I can't wait for us to be at that stage! Seaford rise looks beautiful too..I think I have my mind made up to settle somewhere and then i see somewhere else that looks even better!milne family you must be very excited too, where are you hoping to live?

good luck to both of you!:smile:

Were down in Aldinga Beach we fell in love with the place when we first saw it, it has changed alot since then ( 3 years ago )

Shopping mall is coming on well, still a few things it needs but hey rome was not built in a day as they say.

The beaches are awesome drive on too so need to carry all your beach stuff around, the feel of aldinga Beach suits us as we love the little villagy feel around the place.

hope this helps

HG

My name is Orla and myself, my partner and our little boy are hoping to move to South australia as soon as we can. I'm a midwife and we are applying for 176 state sponsered visa. At the minute we are waiting for my skills assessment which was sent off 22 weeks ago now (arghh!) Can anyone recommend good areas to live? We were hoping for something close to the beach but not too far from adelaide, and somewhere family friendly. We have been looking at Glenelg, Aldinga beach and hallett cove to name but a few! any suggestions or info would be great!

Thanks!:smile::smile:

Hi Orla and family.

Welcome to PIA, you have joined a great site and people on here will be able to assist with all aspects of the process.

Good luck with the application.

Andy

Guest The Standalofts

Hello & welcomec- can't help with areas to live in, as still in sunny scotland, however, this site is a gold mine of information.

Good luck with the rest of the visa process - hang in there, you will get there!

Lesley

Guest orlaandjoe

Hi lesley thank you for your message..the very best of luck with your new life down under!the site is just fab answers heaps of questions!

Guest milne family

Were not sure yet as to where to live, we have booked our flights for feb for a visa validation holiday and are going to have a look around the areas that people on here seem to like, cant wait. I remember well how hard a process it was with all the assesments and paperwork, just hang in there and it does eventually pay off. :)

Guest Peachie

Its a terrible pome habit to look south lol its sunnier up north!!!!! there are fab places with unrivaled facilities from west beach, Henley, Grange, and west lake shores all close to the city and have very good schools If you pick a nice day and do the drive yourself start at one end and drive to the other stopping were you fancy if nothing else will make a nice day out good luck

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi Orla,

Good luck with the rest of your process. Are you going to work as Midwife out in SA? I am a paramedic and been looking into transfering my qualification etc, to the SA medical regulations.

Linds x

Guest orlaandjoe

Hey lindsYep I'll be working as a midwife out there hopefully!can't wait..have you looked into jobs as a paramedic over there?what part are you hoping to go to?:)

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi Orla, I have been emailing back and forth to the SA ambulance service. Currently i have collated a massive amount of paperwork about being a paramedic in Britain. They stated they will get back in touch and will do a skype interview over the internet and hopefully get a job before we leave. However, its all still up in the air at the moment. Which means we cant look at any area to move to yet, which is very disheartening at the moment. Will have to wait and see. I dont know how much you have looked into about working as a midwife however, if it helps I have some friends that work as nurses and doctors in OZ and it was relatively easy to gain employment there.

Linds x