Half and Half

Guest loopylisa

Guest loopylisa

Hi all,

Have been mulling about on the forum for a few weeks now but thought I would formally introduce myself. My name is Lisa and I am 27. I am just finishing my Masters in Psychological Research and will be moving back to Adelaide shortly after. If it was my choice I would be on a plane now but I am mid thesis fever atm- it sucks. I am a dual national and I became an official aussie on April 18th 1996 in Noarlunga, SA. I will never forget that day, the stage, the long skirt and white blazer my mum made me wear, I will never forgive her. I am moving back to Adelaide as I have met and fallen madly in love with an aussie boy I knew from childhood and am uping sticks and moving my whole life(albeit mainly clothes and shoe) to be with him. The 'original' plan was to make the most of my dual nationality and come back to Adelaide for a few months post masters work and then trek around oz. Love changes things. My most recent visit to Adelaide was in April this year where I came over in uni hols to spend a few weeks with the boy. I was devastated when I had to leave literally balled my eyes out and the guy at the boarding gate had to ask me if I was ok and I couldnt speak(that is very unusual for moi!!). I literally broke my heart to leave and I am almost holding my breathe till I can return

Lise xxx

Guest Linds & Greg

Hi Lisa, Welcome to the site, i havent long joined either but am loving reading all the threads.

It sounds like you have had an eventfully few years, and sounds like your def happy to get yourself back to your man in Adelaide. How much longer have you got to complete your Masters?

Linds

Hello and welcome. Hope the forum is of use to you in your move back :)

I remember bawling my eyes out in Adelaide airport before when having to leave my (then) BF and fly back to the UK. Happily we are still together, 8 years now and happily living in the UK and planning a return to Aus soon.

Guest loopylisa

I have one month to go till I complete my Masters and then I am flying mid sept. I am flying with singapore airlines this time instead of Qantas cus I have heard really good things about them and its easier to get the direct ish route via singapore rather than have to go via hong kong and then melbourne(nightmare over easter weekend!!!). I am also rather excited about the Airbus A380 -worlds largest passenger liner :shocked: and also the rooftop swimming pool at changi airport and all the gardens they have there to explore...

Guest Chris_J

We flew on an A380 from Sydney to Dubai with Emirates, and it's not all that impressive. I can't comment on Singapore Airlines, but there isn't too much space on the Emirates one. 3 of us in a row, Liz and I, and some random bloke. It was a squeeze, and in all honesty, their Boeing 777 was much comfier.

Good luck with the Masters, and keep your head down on that, the time will soon pass.

Oh my goodness Lisa! You taunt us with this little piece if info.....we need more!

For example, when did you move back to the UK, and more importantly, how did you then meet your BF from primary school?

It all sounds sooo romantic and my interest /nosiness has been whetted by your post so much so in fact, that I had to (really? At my age? :rolleyes:) type this!

Or feel free to tell me to stop being so darn nosy and get myself a life!

:wubclub: LC

PS. Oh and nice to finally 'meet' you! Welcome!

Guest Guest75
Oh my goodness Lisa! You taunt us with this little piece if info.....we need more!

For example, when did you move back to the UK, and more importantly, how did you then meet your BF from primary school?

It all sounds sooo romantic and my interest /nosiness has been whetted by your post so much so in fact, that I had to (really? At my age? :rolleyes:) type this!

Or feel free to tell me to stop being so darn nosy and get myself a life!

:wubclub: LC

PS. Oh and nice to finally 'meet' you! Welcome!

Stop being so nosey and get a life,especially at "your age" :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Guest loopylisa

Lol. Im in the crazy in love phase so happy to oblige. Back last year I decided after my Masters to go and spend some time working and travelling oz to make the use of my dual citizenship so I started looking up friends from my childhood on facebook. Me and Mr Loopy clicked instantly and have chatted every single day since. I went over at easter for a visit and now we are moving in together. A few of my friends think Im crazy but most of them have come round and can see how happy I am and the difference in me since Mr Loopy has been in my life. He also is telling me to, as chris said, keep my head down with my masters but its hard when I feel like my dream life is around the corner. It has been very difficult though being so far apart from him for so many months but its a matter of weeks now. YAY!

Early on in our relationship my OH and I were apart (him in Adelaide me in England) twice, firstly for 6 months and then a year later for 8 months. It was hard (especially as this was before email, skype and cheap phone calls), but if you know he's the right guy it doesn't matter. Once you get back together in the same country it seems as if the time apart hasn't happened. I know some people thought we were crazy and it wouldn't last (I'm sure some of my work colleagues thought he was a figment of my imagination) but we have been married for nearly 17 years now. Good luck and I hope it all works out.

That is just gorgeous Lisa, thank you for sharing that.

Look, there are never any guarantees with love. Love is full of hope, trust and optimism isn't it? It all sounds wonderful and whether it lasts a lifetime or just a few precious years, enjoy! (And I'm sure it'll last forever :wubclub:)

May you have a thoroughly loopy time together.

LC x

Guest Guest75
So unkind. So rude...hope you get moderated hahahahaha!

:tongue: to you too!

LC

It's only when someone accuses you of smelling of wee that you get moderated, I'll never forget what happened around that comment,sooooo funny.

Hmmm, Im glad I missed out on that one

Sweetie, Tyke's old and cannot help but reminisce :rolleyes: ( As I recall, FatBoyFat claimed I smell of old lady wee...a very kind moderator -not Tyke obv.- removed FatBoy's post and punished him, not realising it was a tongue in cheek comment. Well, I hoped it was! :wideeyed:)