Hello to all

Guest mellymoo

Guest mellymoo

My name is Mel , and we are new to Poms in Adelaide. We have nearly been here for 2 years now and

We love the lifestyle and weather in summer its brilliant!!!!

It was very hard leaving our family and friends in Derby and we still miss them lots, but we talk all the time on Skype which is great.

We are still unsure if we will stay here forever as we both feel a little lost at the moment, we don't feel like we belong? does that sound strange? does anybody else feel like that?

We know it was the right decision to move here and we both have good jobs and have friends through work. But no close friends like in England. I know it takes time to form friends like that. Just wanted some feedback regarding other peoples experiences and whether it gets better or not?

We have travelled alot around Oz and we love it, Im just concerned once we have seen everywhere then what?

I would love anyones comments and experiences please.

Really pleased to have found this site xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A very wise friend of mine who lives in UK for six months of the year and Melbourne for the other six months once said "Old friends are gold, new friends are silver" - which is probably true most of the time. I don't think you can ever recreate friends that have been through most of your life with you - or at least not till you've been here for 20 years or so! Having been here 7 years myself and just back from my first trip back to UK in 5 years, I can say it does get better, but it's never perfect. Same sh**, shinier bucket at the end of the day!!

Just keep taking each day at a time, remind yourself of the good things here whenever you feel a bit down, and come on here to get it off your chest anytime you feel like a moan, coz most - if not all - the people on here know just what you mean!!

Guest mellymoo
A very wise friend of mine who lives in UK for six months of the year and Melbourne for the other six months once said "Old friends are gold, new friends are silver" - which is probably true most of the time. I don't think you can ever recreate friends that have been through most of your life with you - or at least not till you've been here for 20 years or so! Having been here 7 years myself and just back from my first trip back to UK in 5 years, I can say it does get better, but it's never perfect. Same sh**, shinier bucket at the end of the day!!

Just keep taking each day at a time, remind yourself of the good things here whenever you feel a bit down, and come on here to get it off your chest anytime you feel like a moan, coz most - if not all - the people on here know just what you mean!!

Thanks! we are taking each day as it comes, I think with the cold weather recently hasn't helped. We have also just moved house and its not as nice as the previous one. We had to move as the landlord was selling. I think when we find a nice one again and it gets warmer it will improve.

We have just booked a holiday so that has boosted us up, I imagine everyone has ups and downs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Diane

I