Chocolate

Guest Shortie

Guest Shortie

I would like to know from anyone, if I can take some chocolate bars with me in my luggage (I will be declaring it!)

I have looked on AQIS but not much help at all!

Guest loopylisa

Yes its absolutely fine just DECLARE DECLARE DECLARE. Or face a 200 dollar fine( Ive watched far too much border security so am very paranoid about taking any food in my luggage at all)

If you decide to declare anything i.e chocolate or food items, you might have to have all your luggage checked.............

..declaring is obviously v important!!

but why waste your time unpacking everything infront of a stranger..

just dont bring anything over to decare on the flight and shop when you arrive.. its abit of a no brainer

Guest loopylisa

Thats another really why i dont bring any food over cant be doing with the hassle of unpacking my stuff. Just wanna get through the red tape and into Mr loopys arms ASAP

Guest loopylisa

Oh or alternatively if you're dead set on sending a few of your favourite choccies over you could just post them that way your avoid the hassle of unpacking infront of quarantine and you get a nice little pressie from the uk after you land :)

Chocolate, crisps and lollies (sweets) - brought loads of them back with us, and visitors have brought them out too. Just declare them. They got the sniffer dog to come sniff our cases (we didn't have to unpack everything in front of anyone) and all was fine. My sister in law even bought a huge multipack bag of Quavers - no worries!

Don't bring any meat products (I really wanted to bring some pork scratchings for a friend's husband but decided it wasn't worth the risk!) or any fruit. Even if you have one small pack of peanuts from the plane with you, declare it! What's the worst that can happen? They take it off you. Better than not declaring and ending up with a huge fine or worse.

Guest bishop3912
I would like to know from anyone, if I can take some chocolate bars with me in my luggage (I will be declaring it!)

I have looked on AQIS but not much help at all!

Hi I also done this, its all fine as long as you declare it on your AQIS form.

Guest Mitchell

My parents bring chocolate, bassets alsorts, tinned chicken in white sauce, savory rice and sherry EVERY time they fly over. they always declare and it's never an issue :)

Guest Shortie

Hi, thank you all for your replies.

I'm taking the chocolate over for our friends who are putting us up for a while, after we arrive on 24th September.

I didn't want to take it, to then have it taken!

Thank you again x