bank accounts and money

Guest lazymazy

Guest Guest75
Hello,

does anyone have any info on the best way to get money into australia?

cheers

lazymazy

Hiya

If you can open an account here it could not be easier.

Either have your bank in the UK transfer the money to your Aussie account.They should be able to show you how to do all this.

Or

Use a currency transfer company to actually make the transfer from UK to Oz accounts.They give a much better exchange rate than the banks.

HiFx is one popular company.I use Custom House myself and get a great sevice from them.

Have a look in the Banking and Money section further on in this forum :-)

Guest cockney lass

Hi, we opened up a westpac bank account from the uk and have found them very good.

Also, we used a company called currencies direct to transfer our money over, and again, found them to be very good.

:)

Guest dglamoore

We have also opened a westpac account from here (still in uk at the moment) and even set up internet banking so we can make sure all funds arrive ok. We also set up an account with HIFX to deal with the main transfer of money to OZ.

Lisa :D

• 5 months later...
Guest Newbie

I opened my bank account after I arrived in Adelaide - just needed my passport and photo ID (drivers licence). It was a painless process - much easier than opening up a UK account back home, where they seem to want to know your life history.