Hi!!

Guest Bagpuss1974

Guest Bagpuss1974

Hi everyone,

I've just found out the only visa I am able to apply for is a state sponsored one for SA. I am a primary school teacher and any info tips or advice to do with anything at all to do with emigrating would be great. I'm particularly interested in suburbs (well starting points anyway) what the liklihood of a job is and also for my OH who is currently a retail manager but previously a print manager schools for our 2 kids (8 and 4 yrs) just small requests LOL.

Would love to hear from others in similar situations currently or those now living the dream : )

Thanks in advance

Hi Bagpuss,

Can't really help with the teacher bit as I am an Oz living in the UK and have just persuaded my OH to emigrate to OZ after thinking about it for god knows how long!!

Anyway, suburbs wise it depends on what you want. If you want to live near the coast there are many places such as Brighton and Glenelg but these are more expensive than say Aldinga and Seaford. If you want inland there are places such as Reynella and Willunga. Best thing to do is have a look on Google Earth and then do a search on Wikipedia for any places that you like the look of and that can give you some info.

I hope this has helped and good luck with it all.

Hi Bagpuss,

I'm a primary teacher too, and like you mention it does seem a worry that the job situatino might be tricky :(, however I do think it's a case of who you know and networking (use this site - it's a great help). Our visa was approved in May and we are going over in April 12 to validate our visa, with the idea of moving permanently in the next 6-12 months.

Areas, we have been considering the southern areas inc, Port Noarlunga, Seaford Downs, but to be honest we are going to have a good look in April, as I think it is more difficult from here to say for sure.

We initially started the process in Jan 2010, and then nothing happened until Feb this year when it got processed very quickly.

Anyhow let us know how you get on.

Karen