Hello from Glasgow

Guest jamdon

Hi everyone

I just came across this forum looking for some info on education . Myself and family are hopeing to come over within the next few months and i was trying to find out if my 16 and my 19 year olds need to go back to school because here in the uk they have left school.

All help apreciated

Jamdon

Guest gymnast11

hi Jamdon welcome to the site, im sure you will find any answers you are looking for we have a daughter who is 17 and is on her second year of A levels, im almost sure that they are in school till they are 18 and not sure if it will be like 6th form, and they can go to ( taffe / college ) think that is what it is called, good luck with everything x michelle x

Hi everyone

I just came across this forum looking for some info on education . Myself and family are hopeing to come over within the next few months and i was trying to find out if my 16 and my 19 year olds need to go back to school because here in the uk they have left school.

All help apreciated

Jamdon

They do not need to go back to school you can leave at 15 with parents permision and if you have a job. My son left at 16 hated school and not very academic he's now just going into his last year as a apprentice bricky. The youngest one could go back would go into year 11 depends what he wants to do. I think the older one might be a bit old for school again depend what he wants to do with himself. Your kids will find it a bit diffrent here kids here don't grow up as fast as back there they will be more street wise than most of the kids here.I am heading back to Glasgow in a few weeks myself for a wee holiday,anything you need help with give me a shout.

Guest guest1255

hi welcome to forum

we also came from glasgow 2 yrs ago. my daughter was 17 and didn't go back to school...she went to tafe and done a course.....that seemed to be enough. she is doing well now. good luck with everything xx

Thanks Ian and Tess for your reply they are very helpfull it sounds like the kids will love it over there and i dont even have to worry about our 6 year old .If i have any questions i will be sure and give you a shout.