Wirral-ite here on a WHV

Guest Andy-Laa

Guest Andy-Laa

I'll just copy and paste my "about me" it pretty much sums it up:

Moved to Adelaide to be with my partner of nearly 3 years (we met over Facebook and something sparked; now here we are). She’s an Australian Citizen who is now (as good as) a qualified History and English teacher.

I'm currently on a Working Holiday Visa for one year (as of July 22nd, 2011) so we can rack up enough time living together to be eligible for a partner/DeFacto visa which will hopefully lead to citizenship for me eventually. Fingers crossed and all, but we’re genuine and committed so I can’t see a reason why there’d be too many problems.

Looking for a job currently (to no avail) in the retail industry preferably, but to be honest, I’ve gone over 3 months without a job now…I’ll take whatever I can get. I'm currently volunteering at the Aussie Red Cross and spent 6 months volunteering for the British Red Cross before I came out.

That’s pretty much it.

Hey guys.

Hey Andy,

Just wanted to say good luck with the job and visa, I'm sure something will turn up for you. Well done for getting out there and volunteering! You are already on the path to becoming a good Aussie citizen.

BTW my mum (who lives in Seaford) is orginally from the Wirral. Walley Lane in Irby Village. Do you know it?

Judi

Guest tinkham_lee

I know how you feel about the long slog. that's exactly how I went about getting my visa. It will be worth it when you get that letter saying your visa is granted. If you can, do some regional work to enable you to apply for the 2nd year WHV to give you some breathing space when applying for your spouse visa. Keep anything and everything that has both your names on, letters, cards, invites, bills, bank statements and get loads of photos

I applied for my spouse visa after 15 months of living with my fiancée (now wife), temporary visa was granted 6 months later now just waiting the 2 years to get permanent.

If you need any advice drop me a pm and ill be happy to help where I can

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SamAndLucy

Hi Andy, Lucy and I moved here from Liverpool 2 weeks ago. I'm also on a Working Holiday Visa and looking for work. The plan for us is just to stay for a year at the moment. We've got a place sorted in the CBD, a car and Lucy is bringing home the bacon at the moment so now I just need a job! Good luck with your search.

Cheers

Sam