Daughters 18 and 23 and bored in Aldinga

Guest jordanfamily

Guest jordanfamily

Hi my daughters, Rebecca and Clare, aged 18 and 23 yrs arrived on a 1 year working/holiday visa last Saturday. They are a bit lost as they are used to having friends to go out with and hanging with mum , step dad and little sisters is just not cutting it :SLEEP:.

If anyone fancies meeting up with them for drink or meal and showing where they can go out that is not full of us oldies they would be happy .

We have been in Aldinga Beach for a year and never noticed how quiet it is until they arrived and started asking "Where can we go for night out that ?"

cheers Jo

With there being two of them they could always take themselves off exploring the nightlife. It might be a bit nerve wracking but I always used to find it was the best way, just get out and explore. Put yourself out there and don't be afraid of walking into a bar or someplace on your own to check it out. If its crappy or doesn't appeal just head back out and try somewhere else. If they are a bit unsure they could head into the city in the day, wander round the area and get their bearings before heading back in for an evening.

I always used to like heading into Adelaide, the Belgian beer bar is always popular and a few other places around there.

Or have them head down to Glenelg to explore a bit of an evening over the weekend.

Does either of them drive? If so, might be an idea to get a car for them...will make life alot easier to get around from Aldinga.

Nightlife really centres around the city...a few clubs up there. But then if neither of them drive, then getting taxis would be really expensive. I live in Happy Valley and it costs around $60 for a taxi back from the city...taxi from the city to aldinga would be double that at least i reckon.

The bay (Glenelg) is another popular spot.....also there is the VIC at ohalloran hill...

theres not too much nightlife for the younger people "over the hill" , plenty in the city , but if someone doesnt want or cant drive , getting home is expensive ..............thats if you can find a cab to take you!.

Something to bear in mind if you have older teens or will be there soon.