imminent arrival!!

Guest ben farrier

Guest ben farrier

We leave England on the 26th ! Seems to of gone very quickly. We are renting about 5km from Hahndhorf in the Adelaide hills we are late thirties and have two boys age 10 and 6. Just wondered if anyone else lives in that area or new about life around there. I am a farrier so if anyone has any horses that need shoeing let me know !!

Cheers

Guest BackToAdelaide

Not just Aussie style but a touch of German influence as well. It was settled by German migrants. And yes there are a couple of very nice bakeries there. Funny how I always remember places to get unhealthy food!

Not just Aussie style but a touch of German influence as well. It was settled by German migrants. And yes there are a couple of very nice bakeries there. Funny how I always remember places to get unhealthy food!

When I was last there the town was celebrating something or other. And it was very clear German influence on the celebrations. A lovely brass band was playing, people in national dress and so on.

Guest Mac&Molly

Hey Ben, good luck mate and stick in! I'll text you next week with my email so you can let me know what the horsey world is doing down there. Can't wait till I'm packing my tools up too but another 15 weeks to go (two shoeings!!). Show these guys how to double clip!! Haha!!

Guest ben farrier

No prob Mac . Yeah send me your email and I will let you know what the work situation and life is like !! Hopefully pallets will arrive before we do. Have rented house and got vehicles ready to go so no excuses!!

Guest MrsHills

You will be amazed how quickly you will meet other Brits (especially with two children) sign them up for cricket/aus kick/basketball /swimming lessons- all these after school activities and you will find us all lurking there!!