Soon to be in Adelaide!!

vicky&james

Hi everyone!

My name is Vicky, my hubby is James and we have 3 kids aged 7, 10 and 12, currently live in Lancashire, UK.

We have just had confirmation that we have full sponsorship from a company in Aus and they want us there in Jan/Feb! Arggghhh! All systems go now for us :) Well, me as James (hubby) will be going to Germany for training for a month or so and leaving me to do most of it. I can't believe it will happen so quickly, i thought we would be waiting for about 12 months!

We are moving to Adelaide, at first they put us up in a fully furnished apartment but we need to find ourselves a rental for when our own furniture and things arrive and are let go. Can anyone give me any advice on best areas for kids schools etc please? Any good websites to look at for schools too would be highly appreciated too! God, i have so many questions and don't know where to start haha. One of the teachers from the kids primary school moved to Adelaide a few years ago, so im going to try and see if we can get in touch with him, all the kids who he taught email him from the school already so hopefully he will be able to point me in right direction too!

My son (10) is really into his boxing over here as is my husband and they want me to look at boxing clubs too in the area, so any info on that would be great :)

I know i'll be posting alot of questions and probably using this as a place to vent frustrations and worries and most of all our excitement over the next few months, so please bare with me.

I am a list person so tomorrow i am going out and buying a few note books to start writing the lists, if anyone of you lovely people on here can think of any lists for me to make, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for reading, hope to get to know you all over next few months while i'm still in UK and then in Adelaide :biggrin:

Looking forward to reading any ones reply

Vicky xxxxx

Guest Lou&Paul

Hi Vicky

We are hoping to move over in May/June, but we have a house to sell first so it could be longer. We have 2 children, aged 10 (girl) and 12 (boy). Do you know which area you want to settle? We really like the look of Port Noarlunga, Aldinga Beach etc so we have researched schools in those areas. There are some good threads on here regarding areas, schools, moving lists etc, if you try the search box at the top :)

Good luck with everything.

Lou xx