leaving on tuesday!!! omg

Guest wyles family

Guest wyles family

hello everyone, we fly on tuesday 25th singapore airlines to adelaide! its came around really quickly, we are just selling all our last minute bits that we dont want to take and saying goodbye to friends and family etc which is very sad....

people say we will probably come back but i dont think so we have always moved around england and if we did come back we wouldnt know where to move to as we havent really settled anywhere we really liked, so thats quite good really at making sure we give it a good go in adelaide.

thanks for all your help on this site its been great to find out lots of info, we will probably be back on when we arrive in adelaide so speak to you all soon...

if anyone is flying on tuesday 25th oct then please let us know and we could meet up and make the journey less boring...

i am scared of flying so i am worring alot about that at the moment and if anyone can suggest anything i can take from docs then please let me know, ive tried tmarzipam or whatever its called and it doesnt work, think i am just gonna try wine and mind over matter thinking of all the great things me and my family are going to do when we get there..

we have two children ages 12 and 8 who are very excited so hoping to meet up with lots of people when we get there..

thanks and see you on the other side, the better side and definatly the sunny side!! Rachel and Marc

Guest guest569

the weather here is a bit up and down at the moment.Yesterday a sunny 31, next week a few showers and back to 20 degrees again !! Bring something warm for the nights and maybe something shower proof with all your shorts and T shirts. Safe journey !!!

Guest nic-manchester

Good luck Rachel and Marc, it's very exciting, we have only 3 weeks an 5 days can't wait. Hope find somewhere to settle and have lots of fun. Where a bouts are you going? We are going to Christies beach then going to have a good old look around, see where takes our fancy.

Good luck with the flight.

Nicola

Hi Rachel and Marc

We have only been here for 3 months and absolutely love it! Like you we moved about the UK a lot as my Hubby was Military but we are looking at this as a new posting and agreed to give it at least 2 years before we decided if we liked it! However we don't have any doubt that this is the right move for us! Our children are 16 and 13 and have settled in really well and yesterday I collected my Hubby from the train station at 6.30pm and we went down to the beach and all went swimming in the Ocean for the first time as the sun was setting! Awesome!

Yes its hard being away from Family and friends but to be honest, when they visit it will be quality time spent with them and not the odd weekend here and there! Afterall, they are only a flight away and with Skype its so easy to stay in touch.

Have a safe trip and don't worry about the flight - drinks are free!!

Jo

We are going to Christies beach then going to have a good old look around, see where takes our fancy.

Nicola

We arrived in July and stayed at Christies beach until the beginning of October - its a really lovely beach and so convenient for everything, shops, bus station, train, cinema, ice skating, cricket, leisure centre, etc etc

Not long to go!

Jo

Guest wyles family
Good luck Rachel and Marc, it's very exciting, we have only 3 weeks an 5 days can't wait. Hope find somewhere to settle and have lots of fun. Where a bouts are you going? We are going to Christies beach then going to have a good old look around, see where takes our fancy.

Good luck with the flight.

Nicola

hi, we are staying with friends in beaumont but we want to live near the sea and beach so we thought we would look around brighton henley etc, need to get a good school for the children and just want to live the dream...

Guest nic-manchester
We arrived in July and stayed at Christies beach until the beginning of October - its a really lovely beach and so convenient for everything, shops, bus station, train, cinema, ice skating, cricket, leisure centre, etc etc

Not long to go!

Jo

Thanks Jo

Really excited now makes all the stress all worthwhile! Where a bouts in Christies beach are you we are stayin at a house on hooper place, not far from beach or noarlunga centre!

We have provisionally got our eldest daughter who is six down for noarlunga primary, don't want her missing too much school.

Nicola

Guest leemina

Hi Nicola

We've been here two months, loving it. We stopped at Tamara's hooper place cottage (next to house), great location for everything you need to start off with and within walking distance to beach. We've moved to Aldinga beach and we love it. Hope you have a good flight, if theres anything we can do to help you, give us a shout. x

Guest nic-manchester
Hi Nicola

We've been here two months, loving it. We stopped at Tamara's hooper place cottage (next to house), great location for everything you need to start off with and within walking distance to beach. We've moved to Aldinga beach and we love it. Hope you have a good flight, if theres anything we can do to help you, give us a shout. x

Thanks lee mina! Great to have support from people on here for when we get there, just want to get stuck in now. We are also In the cottage.

Nicola

Hi There Wyles family,

Just wanted to re assure about Singapore Airlines, don't want to build them up too much but they were the best airline weve ever flown with, from checkin, stewards, singapore airport,baggage, everything. Ive flown most airlines many times and these were my favourite and I HATE HATE HATE flying !!! They were fab with our 5 year old daughter, entertainment on board was fab, my 5 year old was going up to galley asking for fruit, drink lollies, sandwhiches, everything and they were great. ( she likes her food! and kept her busy). So don't wait for them to come around even though they do, kids can go on up and ask for a snack or whatever. My favourite was the little trio of ferraro rochers they brought around !!! Stewards had a lovely manner aswell...... ( I sound like I'm obsessed with food, I'm not really !)

Have agreat adventure and looking forward to what you think of Christies beach. ( p.s we were able to pre book our seats together with SQ aswell)

Rachael

Guest wyles family

Hi rachel, thanks we did fly with them before they are very good, we are looking at brighton area but are not sure just gonna go out and have a good look around but do want to be near the beach and sea. Thanks rachel