Thread: Newbie!

Ted n Tracey

Hi all.... I'm Tracey, my husband is Ted... :D

We're hoping to emigrate with our son and two dogs very very soon....
      All things considered, we're still very much in the air with the whole process.. but are hoping to use Concept Australia....
      Planning a trip to Australia (Brisbane area) to visit with some friends this Summer, and grab a flight to Adelaide to take a look around....

Just to say though, thank goodness I found this site! From what I've seen so far, it's going to be a godsend! Very informative....
      I'm terrified about the whole migration thing... hubby still needs to do some convincing, but we want out of London/Essex and the UK!!!
      Looking forward to chatting with you all X

Hi Tracey and Ted

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site :lol:

Migration is definitely scarey but at least you have a trip planned soon to take a look around. We have never been to oz and arrive next month to live in Adelaide :shock:

Good luck with your visa application and persuading your hubbie that this is the best thing he ever thought of

Lisa :D

Ted n Tracey
      Wowee Lisa, that IS brave!!
      Thank you for your reply...and I must say - the website you have created is also listed in My Favourites!
      I'm becoming more and more convinced that this IS the move for us. And I think we may even begin the application before our trip!
      Am very much looking forward to our trip too.. I keep drooling over pics on the web of Adelaide! :lol:
      I will have a scout around the site....thanks again for your kind welcome!

11 times
      Hi Tracy
      Whereabouts in Essex are you? Good luck with your trip, we too have never been but are sure that we will love Australia. It just seems our kind of place - if you know what I mean?

What do you and Ted do, would you be going on a skilled 136 visa? It's all very exciting but also you do have some reservations about such a big move. We have already done it in as much as leaving the UK and can cope with not seeing friends and family but it's still the other side of the world. But hey, the kids come first!

Hope to speak to you soon,

Ted n Tracey
      Hi Carla... we currently live in Witham, about 10 miles from Chelmsford... it's going downhill... :cry:
      Our son is 15 - GCSE's time!
      Ted is a telecomms engineer (BT), I work in Canary Wharf for a law firm as an assistant house manager in the Facilities dept. (not that skilled!).
      The more we weigh up the pro's and con's, the more we feel it's gonna be right for us...eeek!
      Similarly we have nothing here really holding us back.. so I really feel we have to give it a shot!

Hi Julia, thanks for your welcome.. I will be sure to post and pick Lisa's brains! lol.. and everyone elses too!

Hallett Cove, Adelaide
      578 times

Welcome....ppl on here are so helpfull..they have helped us anyway!

We are using concept australia for our visa...been fab so far...just sent of visa app!

Good Luck

Dan and Steph
      If you wanna a beer....PM me

Daniel, 31 and Stephanie, 30, Arrived 30th April 2008 and LOVING IT!!!

Hallett Cove
      27 times
      Hi Ted & Tracy

Welcome to the site, we are in the final stages awaiting the visa, more waiting & more waiting...............fingers crossed it will be here very soon 8)

We used Overseas Emigration, been very helpful

Brisbane is lovely we stayed there last year in April for 5 days, it was very humid & only their Autumn 8) You will love it.

We have not managed to see Adelaide but feel its got everything for us as a family unit, so very excited & nervous about moving there :)

Good luck
      Angela (43), Ashley (45), Bradley (17), Thomas (13) & Max our Spoodle (6) Visa Process 23/10/06 - granted 27/04/07. Now permanent residents as of Sept 09.
      Arrived 6th Sept 07 Living in Onkaparinga Hills. Building a new home 2014 Hallett Cove with Rivergum 2 Story & views back / front :D
      AGS Painting & Decorating PM me or email agspainting@adam.com.au