Hello

Guest trudge

Guest trudge

Just a note as an introduction. I have found answers to other people's questions very useful. My wife, daughter (aged 7) and I are hoping to emigrate to Adelaide and sent off skills assessments a few weeks ago. If these are successful how long is it between applying for the visa and the medical and then if this goes well how long does it take for the visa to be granted? I am a teacher, my wife is a psychiatric nurse. Is there plenty of work?

Cheers

Jason, Shonagh and Amy (from Cornwall)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Jason & Family

Hi and welcome to the site :D

The length of time for different visas seems to vary a lot - you can see our timeline in my signature for our SIR 495 visa.

AusTimeline is a good site to search the same type of visa you are applying for so you can see how long everyone elses progress takes - http://www.austimeline.com/

You can also send a blank email to this address - aspc.processing@immi.gov.au

It is updated every Tuesday and tells you the current processing times (this is normally the date your application would roughly be granted a case officer) for each catagory.

We did front load our medicals - we applied online at the beginning of October and booked the meds in 6 weeks later without waiting for a case officer to request them.

Good lucks with your skills assessment - it is a fantastic feeling to get past that stage :D

Lisa

Guest Davyfella

Jason, Trudgeon? From cornwall?

Did you used to be in the Army?

Just asking as I knew someone with your name from Cornwall, when I was in the mob.

Guest Davyfella

Wel Bu**er me, isn't it a small world. Here I am living in Belfast, looking to move to the other side of the world, and here is me ol' mate Jase trying to move to the same place!

Well, do you fancy a bet on who is going to get out there first? The loser has to supply the beers and the steaks for the reunion barbie.

All the best,

Davy