nubie here

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

jacqueline and i started this process last year, after talking about it for about 5 yrs. We decided to go for it as we figured we were getting too old, both 40 now... she found this site, and although we live in Belfast (not exactly poms) it was the best site and most relevent, as we are using a firm in england to submit out application :) joy of living in the north of ireland, had a choice of two countries to help us out..... so were we at, at the moment, last year submitted the TRA and waited until we married, after dating for 14 yrs and 4 kids later, to submit the visa, just had our Acknowledgment Letter 18/01/08 and now just waiting on dates for medicals and police checks to come through.... nail bitting and pulling off hair seems to be a pre-requisite... longest journey we have ever taken.. so far :)

so just wanna say hi to you's all and the site looks so helpful thanx

Hi Stephen,

Just coz you are over the other side of the Irish Sea doesn't mean we can't make you an honoury pom.:biglaugh: Besides when 'down under' we will all be in the same boat. ;)

Welcome to PIA.

Pete

Guest caoimhe

very true... all in the same boat :goofy:

Hi Stephen,

Just coz you are over the other side of the Irish Sea doesn't mean we can't make you an honourable pom.:biglaugh: Besides when 'down under' we will all be in the same boat. ;)

Welcome to PIA.

Pete

hi stephen and family and welcome to pia :cute:

we do relate to the nailbiting and hair pulling :goofy: - we have our medicals next week and that's us done ... just more waiting then!!!

have you been to adelaide before??

good luck!:goofy:

Guest caoimhe

hi there never set foot in oz before... i would settle anywhere to be honest, it was more jacqueline i was worried about, so i sent her over to here uncle for 4 week holiday, while i looked after the kids, she came back raving about the place, so thats wat clinched the deal...

hi stephen and family and welcome to pia :cute:

we do relate to the nailbiting and hair pulling :goofy: - we have our medicals next week and that's us done ... just more waiting then!!!

have you been to adelaide before??

good luck!:goofy:

Guest caoimhe

its my first daughter's name..... i like using it for longin name, as i find its rare and very few people have used it :) its irish for gentleness, if ur friend didnt know that already

Hi

Welcome to PIA, good luck. I noticed your log in name thats my friend little girls name!! Only 2nd time i've seen it.

Guest louiesmum
its my first daughter's name..... i like using it for longin name, as i find its rare and very few people have used it :) its irish for gentleness, if ur friend didnt know that already

Hi

My friend is Irish too! So because its unusal ( well here in England) she did explain the meaning. I think its such a pretty name.:wubclub:

Guest cunnah10

Welcome to this great site!No question too small or too daft always somebody there to answer any queries or just offer you support!We are waiting for our medicals in 2 weeks and putting house on the market in the next few weeks also!so very excited and also having the odd wobbly day (but i've been told that's normal).

We too have 4 kids aged 10,8,7 and 3(what ages are your 4).

We went out with the kids last june for a few weeks and had a great time!

Keep us posted how your getting on!

Gill

Guest caoimhe

i have 6 altogether :shocked: the two girls are with thier mum, and they are not going

but here goes

caoimhe 17

orlaigh 14

matthew 9

ethan 7

conal 5

liam 5

got hit with twins as u can see.... they are looking forward to this just as much, thank god.

Guest caoimhe

oh yeah and that was loads of problems having kids to a previous marriage, they want medicals on both girls and police check on eldest as she is over 16.... even though they are not comming with us :arghh: