Mums and toddler/baby groups

Guest Vic

Hi all, just moved from UK to NorthAdelaide ( the suburb). Have 3 kids ( 10 week baby, 2 year old and 4 year old). Does anyone know of any playgroups/mum and baby groups in this area where mums can meet other mums?

Hi all, just moved from UK to NorthAdelaide ( the suburb). Have 3 kids ( 10 week baby, 2 year old and 4 year old). Does anyone know of any playgroups/mum and baby groups in this area where mums can meet other mums?

Blimey hope you had a good flight with 3 kids under 5yrs :eek:

Sorry we are down south but i would have a look at local kindy (as some have friday morning playgroups) and ask at the local library as alot of them have story time and others things for young kids...hope that helps and that someone local will come along soon and give you some advise....

Jo

Hi, we are in Brighton. We go to a playgroup on friday mornings. Take a look at this link http://www.playgroupaustralia.com.au/, you will need to send them an email to register your interest at attending a group. We have only been once but fully intend to go next week as well. The first two sessions are free.

Not sure about coffee mornings, but if you do find any please let me know.

Hope this helps

Teresa

hello,

the Barker kindergarten in Tynte St will have a playgroup and your 4 yo may be able to attend kindy sessions there for the rest of the year. Here is some info http://barkerkgn.sa.edu.au/docs/Playgroup%20Information%20leaflet%202010.pdf .There is another kindy in Lower Nth Adelaide, Lucy Morris Kindergarten(in Sussex st nr Melbourne St). The Baptist church in Tynte st used to have a playgroup also. Christ Church also has a playgroup. Most church playgroups are on a Friday. The big church St Peter's Cathedral has a playgroup on Tuesdays during term time. The library in Tynte St may have story sessions for pre schoolers.

Hope this helps

Brilliant- thanks everyone for some really useful info. From what I've seen so far, it's a very friendly place and shouldn't be too difficult to make friends. And how great is the aquatic centre? Kids all signed up for swimming lessons. Oh and yes the flight was the nightmare I expected it to be but could have been worse and contary to what I'd heard before hand, the Quantas/ BA staff were all very helpful.

Guest leeannekays

Hi, were moving over in April next year and would like a playgroup to bring my 3 year old daughter to. We hav. Rental for 4 weeks in Moana then looking to longterm renting Port Nourlunga. My son Is 6 so we have to find him a school. My daughter goes to playgroup in uk 3 days a week at the moment. I'm not sure if they offer this over there. I would like come come to a group I could stay and get to know people also.

Leeanne xxx

Guest Gemma Parker Gibbon

Hi, My names Gemma,

Myself and my other half moved here from leeds,uk nearly 5 weeks ago. I'm 25 and 23wks pregnant, ive been looking for the same thing as you, i'm struggling to find anything for mums to be. Have you managed to find anything since posting this link?