Been here 5 weeks and need some friends.

Guest Gemma Parker Gibbon

Hi all,

Me and my other half moved out 5 weeks ago from leeds. i'm 25 and 23 weeks pregnant, While i'm not regretting the move i am very lost and missing friends and family back home.

My other half is at work mon-fri and im home, waiting to hear back from countless jobs ive applied for. I get out and about but there's only so much you can do on your own.

I'm wondering if there's one in the same boat that would like to meet for lunch or a coffee, or offer any advice on what i can do. Before i loose my santity.......:eek:

Cheers Gemma

:cute:

Hi all,

Me and my other half moved out 5 weeks ago from leeds. i'm 25 and 23 weeks pregnant, While i'm not regretting the move i am very lost and missing friends and family back home.

My other half is at work mon-fri and im home, waiting to hear back from countless jobs ive applied for. I get out and about but there's only so much you can do on your own.

I'm wondering if there's one in the same boat that would like to meet for lunch or a coffee, or offer any advice on what i can do. Before i loose my santity.......:eek:

Cheers Gemma

:cute:

Hi Gemma

If you are looking for something to fill your time and make friends rather than make money, think about finding some Volunteer work gets you out and about and meeting people,a lot of South Australians do all type of vol work.

good luck Swmbo

Hi Gemma,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling a little down at the moment and at a loss,remember you have only been out here for over five weeks and don't be hard on yourself for missing your friends and family if you were close. Being 23 weeks pregnant may not help you would be all over the place no matter where you would have been. The job situation will get you down also especially when you are trying so hard to find work been there as has a few others on here are having trouble too.

Remind yourself how much you have already gone through and achieved. Your not missing anything in Leeds really just spoke to my mum in Leeds on the iPad face to face/ Skype that's what she said ,then I looked outside and the out look answered everything else for me.

We are from Leeds ourselves and we couldn't wait to leave it all behind and for us we love it here,feels like home and got lucky on the job front,however must have walked miles and miles with my resume around Adelaide for two weeks,then before coming out I applied for over two hundred or so while waiting forth visa to come through,

I kinda expected it to be hard but that's the way the cards have always been dealt to us ,coming from Leeds you find that what doesn't destroys you makes you stronger,

There is usually always something going on in and around Adelaide,have you been to the gorge not that far away from you, feeding kangaroos cuddling koalas is fantastic and it's on your door step, try travelling a little bit further out may be,take some pics, go round a few different beaches.

You need to ask for help from people you see while your out too, in the cafe s, out and about just start a conversation with someone you will find people in SA really friendly and helpful the hard thing to do is to open your mouth and ask. You never know.

Your going to see mums with prams etc.. Smile and take it from there even while your shopping in the super Market see where it takes you.

Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself,look forward to what' you could do tomorrow, say yes more to things.

Andrew

Hi Paula,

The place is lovely, and im sure when i eventually setle down i'll love the place, its just getting there...

You'll have heap to do here with 3 kiddies..

Look me up when u get here, i might be able to help u settle! 7

x