Need advice on finding 12/13 year old son some buddies Seaford/Port Noarlunga Area!!!

steffij

Hi everyone, we arrived just over 3 weeks ago and our 12 (nearly 13) year old is really struggling without all his friends. He started Seaford 6-12 this week but has been put in a class with kids all a year or so older than him! I think he is feeling a little bit scared and intimidated by that and would love to meet some kids the same age. He is into bmxin and his scooter and is loving going down to the beach with his body board!! He played soccer as well in the UK. Don't think it's helping that his younger brother has started Seaford Rise primary and is loving it and made loads of new friends already. Hormones and green eyed monster are not a great combo are they??!!

Any help or advice gladly received!!!! :wubclub:

Hi,

Have you considered joining the surf clubs at either Moana or Norlunga/southport. There great places to get involved with. Were at Moana and it's really good, my son is in the under 9 group, and really loves everything about it the taking part,the training and has made some excellent friends there,as have we too.when our daughter s old enough she will be joining also for the under sixes,

Being thirteen is going to be awkward at the best of times I am sure things will balance out, there are plenty of clubs for things knocking about tennis,cricket swimming etc.... .

We told our son that he has has to try harder more to fit in and try different,new things more, and gave him a reality check that life is tough and can be harsh

If he likes the beach, sign him up to one of the surf life saving clubs near you. You could also look at scouts, but they will be finishing for the summer soon, as will most sporting groups. Also give him time to settle, it is a hard age to move as friendships are firmly established especially as he is at high school. Why not throw an end of term party at your house for some of the kids as school finishes in two weeks. If you are not successful, then maybe start him at another high school next year which starts at yr 8. This way he will be in his right yr group and everyone will be new and settling in. There are sports camps held over the summer but not til January. Have a look in your local advertiser or free local messenger paper for other activities.

Guest Coleen&Darren

Hi

We arrived in Seaford three months to the day (1st Sept)

My son is 13 in January and goes to Seaford 6-12

If you want to privately message me with his name etc maybe I could tell my son to look out for him ?

Hi my son is in the same year by the sounds of it, he's 13 and in Tigress. Sure he'd like to get together :)

My son plays cricket which sadly clashes with the surf life saving club, but it is good (better if he's a strong swimmer), my daughter goes and enjoys it (she's 8).

Maybe we could have a teen 'get-together'?

Send me a pm if you fancy :)