hi everyone

Guest paulnsara

Guest paulnsara

paul and sara here.

we have our visas granted and are moving over in mid jan 2012. im just back from london raising funds for our migration as it has cost alot so far and we have`nt left yet.Anyhow we are moving from Ireland with four children siobhan 3 emma 8 and aifric 7 also lisa 19 so its handsfull. we are looking into living around victor harbour at least for the coming year to get us setteled as sara has a sister there whom will be a great help to us setteling. we would love to hear from anyone else around the area with any advise for us. i`ve been in the building game 20 years and sara is a nurse thats how we got visas 176 i`ve also worked in tunneling over in london un the underground as a miner so im interested in the mine out at roxbydowns as im a cp2 qualified 360 excavator operator asswell so in general just looking for tips etc and someone in same sort of situation as ourselves.looking forward to looking through the posts etc xx thanks paul

paul and sara here.

we have our visas granted and are moving over in mid jan 2012. im just back from london raising funds for our migration as it has cost alot so far and we have`nt left yet.Anyhow we are moving from Ireland with four children siobhan 3 emma 8 and aifric 7 also lisa 19 so its handsfull. we are looking into living around victor harbour at least for the coming year to get us setteled as sara has a sister there whom will be a great help to us setteling. we would love to hear from anyone else around the area with any advise for us. i`ve been in the building game 20 years and sara is a nurse thats how we got visas 176 i`ve also worked in tunneling over in london un the underground as a miner so im interested in the mine out at roxbydowns as im a cp2 qualified 360 excavator operator asswell so in general just looking for tips etc and someone in same sort of situation as ourselves.looking forward to looking through the posts etc xx thanks paul

we move in 2012 but not until august as daughter doing her GCSE'S, you may be better this thread in jobs and socializing as i reckon people will respond more to this thread.

jennet

Hello and welcome. Feel free to read round the forum as I'm sure you'll find useful stuff posted re the work front. Also I am sure there was a thread recently about Victor Harbor (may be over on PIO but am sure it was here). Victor is nice. Its may be a bit too quiet long term or for work it might be a bit too far from Adelaide (if that is where you are planning to work or end up working) commute wise. I've driven it a fair few times and I'd not like to have to drive it on a daily basis. It'll also be much quieter in winter (and colder/windier as its not in the gulf like Adelaide). But it is a lovely little town in season and I always enjoy visiting.

Anyways, feel free to ask questions around the forum and hopefully you'll find some useful info also.

Cheers

snifter