• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should we move to Adelaide from Perth?

We moved to Adelaide 2 years ago. We live in the Eastern suburbs which is lovely with excellent schools. The children are really happy. But we have found it hard to make friends, everyone is very friendly but to become social friend seems difficult. Most people that live in the eastern suburbs come from here and have friends and family from there schooling. We also found that career opportunities in Adelaide are few, so we are thinking of moving to Perth - for the mining boom. But I have to say it is a difficult choose.

north east
      9 times
      Hi there we live in the n/e suburbs, and have a few friends around, but i must agree with you about the social friendship locally, we have really friendly neighbours but we only ever speak when we are either going out or coming in (if that makes sense) we have been here since Dec 09, it took me 3 months to fine employment as a plumber! im paul 48 my wifes julie 43 we have our son pj 23 and our daughter gemma 21 with us,but we are having a lot of trouble getting them resident visas as they came over on working holiday isas due to both of them loosing thier jobs before me n julie emigrated, anyway just to let you know that there are a lot of poms not to far away from you, regards paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12