Poll - where are you (Australia or elsewhere)?

suzer

Where are you located now?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you located now?

• Australia
    • UK
    • Other

Just curious as it seems many of you are not yet in Australia.

We're in New Zealand (from US & Australia) and moving back in a month or two (fingers crossed) when our spousal visa is proceessed.

Suzer

We are also in New Zealand - Horowhenua. OH is a Kiwi. Hope to move to Adelaide at the end of 2008. Daughter and son-in-law (Liz and Kris uk) are moving to Adelaide around April.

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Still in uk but looking to book flights for 27th March 2008!

Depending on house sale - if we ever find a buyer, hubby will have to go on his own.

He has a job waiting for him!

Looking to move to Hallett Cove

Guest Missbabz
Just curious as it seems many of you are not yet in Australia.

We're in New Zealand (from US & Australia) and moving back in a month or two (fingers crossed) when our spousal visa is proceessed.

Suzer

Hi

We are in UK

Just had offer on house,which we have accepted.

Awaiting visas ..............still waiting.

Babz & Kevin

We're in sunny Scotland, :cute:, and we are now properly thinking about a(nother) life changing move. We think Adelaide is the right place for us, and plan to start all the paperwork in the next few weeks.

All the good fun starts here.

Damien

In Northern Ireland still waiting on case officer and request for meds

Good luck with that. Where in N'ern Ireland are you; I stayed up in Portrush for a few months about 3 years back. Did my dissertation on tourism in Belfast as well; one of my favourite places.

Suz

Guest caoimhe
Good luck with that. Where in N'ern Ireland are you; I stayed up in Portrush for a few months about 3 years back. Did my dissertation on tourism in Belfast as well; one of my favourite places.

Suz

We live in Belfast, area called "Four Winds" the name is very apt as during the winter we get wind from all four directions.

Belfast is a lot better now than when we were growing up in it during the 70's but Northern Ireland is too small a place to have a lot of prospects so hopefully off to Oz we go!!!!

We live in Belfast, area called "Four Winds" the name is very apt as during the winter we get wind from all four directions.

Belfast is a lot better now than when we were growing up in it during the 70's but Northern Ireland is too small a place to have a lot of prospects so hopefully off to Oz we go!!!!

Not familiar with the area, although I've not gotton too far out from the city centre in Belfast. Yes, it seems to have changed a lot from what I've been told but I know the job situations there is still not great. Welcome to Australia:) I also have friends who live up in Coleraine and are moving to Australia (Mildura in Victoria, so about a 3 hour drive from us)...he's from Australia and she's from Illinois like me.

Guest caoimhe
Not familiar with the area, although I've not gotton too far out from the city centre in Belfast. Yes, it seems to have changed a lot from what I've been told but I know the job situations there is still not great. Welcome to Australia:) I also have friends who live up in Coleraine and are moving to Australia (Mildura in Victoria, so about a 3 hour drive from us)...he's from Australia and she's from Illinois like me.

Do you mean you only no the city centre as you only took in the pubs and clubs:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest andylynnchriskirst

We are in Kent at the moment. hopefully moving to Adelaide by December 08. :jiggy:

Family - Andy 44

Lynn 40

Chris 16

Kirsty 14

We are a bit concerned about schooling and leaving everyone behind, especially family and friends!! :unsure:

Guest andylynnchriskirst

We currently live in Kent, UK. We are looking at emigrating to Adelaide hopefully by December 2008 if all goes well. We have loads of questions mainly about schooling as we have a boy who is due to finish his GCSE's in July and a girl with one year to go. What happens when/if we get over to oz?:huh: Which school year will they be in?? We have just had our positive TRA back as I have NVQ's in childcare (Level 4) Pathway D caused us to change the method of going to oz from my husband, a glazier with nearly 30 years experience to using my NVQ's. Anyone else in similar boat?

Hi

We are in Woodcroft, and have been in Oz for nearly 18 months.. We moved here from North Wales and still miss some things from back home. I asked my 8 year old if she still misses home and she said that she would love to have a visit there but would not move back permanently.

We still have ups and downs - finances, making new friends, schooling etc.. but I do think as a whole we have made the right decision (fingers crossed!). Work is very different over here and I think that we were probably naive to think that things would be the same as in the UK, however I love the weather and the friendliness of the people here would say to people considering it - give it a go, its an amazing experience!

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Thanks. I'm sure once we get over there it will be the same for us. It's definately the schooling issues that concern me most with two teenagers!! I'm glad you are enjoying it so far. I think it would have been better for the children if we had tried 10 years ago but that's the way things went along the track. We'll keep you informed of progress

Lynn