migration agents

Guest charlmillard

Guest charlmillard

hi my name is charl im new to the site and about to begin the application process in the summer but we dont know where to begin to be honest - lol. I am an RGN and my husband is a spark but we dont have much experience, we have a 13 yr old and a 2 yr old, can anybody recommend a good migration agent?

Thanks Charl

Hi Charl

Great to see new faces on the forum.

We did not use an agent and to be honest I am very glad we didn't. If your case is complex fair enough, but, if its simply a lack of information and confidence, then it's a very expensive way to get the info that you can have for free from this site and from the IMMI booklets.

If you can get to one of the seminars such as http://www.downunderlive.co.uk/ (Feb) you will be able to get the basic questions answered.

If you are not planning on applying for a few months and you can see that you meet the current points test- http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/175/eligibility-applicant.htm then if you meet the points test, start by getting your skills assessed.

Once you have got the skills part done, it will give you confidence for the other stages.

You should be aware that there are changes planned to the immigration system come the summer. If you qualify for a VISA now go for it before the summer.

You may wish to let us know how many points you have what VISA you or hoping to come on etc and I am sure we all help out.

Hope this helps for now

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound

I'll second Stew's post - we didn't use an agent either and it was as easy as tbh, but if you have a more complex case (children from a previous relationship, medical or criminal record issues) then it can be handy. I'm very pleased to have the couple of grandwe would have spent on an agent to put towards starting up down under anyway :)

Obviously most of us aren't registered agents on here, but the advice given is generally very good - when you've got 10 people who have just gone through the process all saying the same thing based on their actual experience, its a fair bet its the correct thing. You just have make sure you separate the facts from the opinions sometimes :D

Anyway, welcome to the boards, get yourself onto DIACs website to do the visa wizard to see which way you might want to go - I believe nurses can either go indpendant visa, or down the route of an employer sponsored one, but there are many nurses heading that way that can give you far far better advice than I on that one I'm sure :D

Best wishes

AB

Give it go yourself, being a nurse and an electrician your cases should be fairly straight forward.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visawizard/

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/visa-options-outside.htm

You may be able to go along the 175 visa route or failing that the 176 Route.

Give the DIAC site a good read and it'll become a lot clearer.

We were going to go it alone but the rules changed a few times during the process and we used an agent, Peter at PTlabs who was excellent and not as expensive as other agents.

Just out of curiosity has anyone been to any of the Down Under Live Seminars? If so were they of use?

We attended one in Dublin a couple of years ago. For anyone who is considering the move to Oz it would have been useful. However for those who have already got the VISA etc the benefit will be a lot less.

Regards

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Us too - Hubby found it useful because I had instigated the move, and therefore had done lots and lots of research already, so I didn't really learn anything too new (although was helpful to speak to people in person and get specific questions answered on shipping, bank accounts and so on, all in one place), but as he hadn't even watched an episode of Wanted Down Under, he learnt a lot and came away a much happier bunny - we just sat and watched the seminars back to back all day really.

So if you don't know much, imho they are a good starting point, you get some nice 'free' pens and maps, you get specific questions you may have answered directly and its a nice day out to get excited about moving to oz. If you already know loads, its probably a bit of a waste of time. And I WISH they would either ban children (bah humbug) or make the parents look after them - sometimes its kind of hard to hear the seminars due to hordes of screaming children that have been left to run wild at the back - grrrrr - so try and get near the front and/or a speaker!

Guest charlmillard

Hi thanks for all the info - but unfortunately i think we will have to use an agent as my eldest child is from another relationship - we have spoken to our solicitor and he has advised us it wont be a problem as he was born before 2004 due to the change in laws!! but also we both only qualified last year so it may be more difficult without a migration expert! but we would like to start the application as soon as we possibly can - just dont no where to start!!! :-(

hi my name is charl im new to the site and about to begin the application process in the summer but we dont know where to begin to be honest - lol. I am an RGN and my husband is a spark but we dont have much experience, we have a 13 yr old and a 2 yr old, can anybody recommend a good migration agent?

Thanks Charl

I have to say, I started off trying to do it for myself, got knocked back on loads of grey areas. I didnt think there was a hope in hell untill I sought advise from Jim @ must migrate. I had already blown a fair chunk of cash on live in Australia . Com

I recommend giving this guy a call before you spend a penny or sign up to anything.

Based in uk, duel citizen to Australia,lots of contacts and really knows his stuff.

We got granted in November, chuffed to bits!

Best of luck to you whatever you decide

Danny m

Guest Jennet
Hi thanks for all the info - but unfortunately i think we will have to use an agent as my eldest child is from another relationship - we have spoken to our solicitor and he has advised us it wont be a problem as he was born before 2004 due to the change in laws!! but also we both only qualified last year so it may be more difficult without a migration expert! but we would like to start the application as soon as we possibly can - just dont no where to start!!! :-(

Hi i used an agent migrationsolutions (25yrs experience) based in Adelaide, my eldest is from another relationship, you need to get legal written information to remove children under the age of 18, requirements of Australian law. in England it is 16 yrs but OZ will not allow an application through without legal consent and signed form the other partner or permission from court. also my daughter has a heart condition and that will be looked into. i got my legal rights in November to remove her from the jurisdiction.

Guest charlmillard

is that the case even if you were not married to the father?? our solicitor said we wouldnt need that as we were never married! this is why we definately need a migration expert.. lol

Hi, we used Ian Harrop (google him) after a recommendation and was more than happy with the service they provided. We secured our Visa in August and will be making our validation trip in 5 weeks time.

Good luck!

Guest railman2404

We used Go Matilda who were very good with hints and tips they are also listed in Australia and New Zealand Magazine. Very happy with service provided and they have answered loads for wifes parents who are considering moving out as well

Guest Jennet
is that the case even if you were not married to the father?? our solicitor said we wouldnt need that as we were never married! this is why we definately need a migration expert.. lol

does he have a relationship with the child, and yes even if your not married you still have to do it the legal way australia are strict on this i went to a solicitor ex wouldn't sign even though he doesn't have a good relationship with her so we had to go through court almost £5000 spent from May to November, if the parent signs, it could be approx £500 being at the highest scale and minus court but you have to have a legal document in your paper work. If you have to go to court they want to know contact arrangements for the other parent (i.e skype, facebook, holidays etc), where you will be living, yours and your partners job offers, schools etc. you have been given the wrong info for 2004 my daughter is 1996 born and i had to go through all the legal requirements and he hadn't seen her or spoke to her for almost 2 years minus a relationship for almost 5 years. Migrationsolutions are on line very good i used them once before. I went to one in chester first and it was the same legal consent is a must first before wasting my money on the process. the emigration group they are called very good too they won an award last year.

Guest bishvegas

We went with Ian Harrop and he was fantastic. Very reasonable price and worth every penny. His team were highly knowledgeable and I'd recommend them to anyone. Also we went to a Down Under Live seminar in Leeds which was also quite useful.

Guest Jennet
Ah thanks for that im glad i know now!! But Is it the same if my now husband has adopted him?

that may be different, if the biological parent doesn't see him and your husband is the adopted parent then he's the one with legal rights the adoption papers will need to be shown, thats where the agent may be speaking on terms of 2004 there may be different adoption rights now, i'm not sure, but with him being adopted by your husband thats more in your favour. I've gone through all obstacles it was a nightmare but its quite strict when kids are under 18. the adoption papers will need to be shown and then you should be fine. good luck

Thanks Charl

Hi we used the Emigration Group in Chester, very good ..

Guest charlmillard

Hi jennet. Thanks for all of that info - did you managed to get there in the end though? It looks like such a long way off at the min. But we can't wait to start the process now!!

Chrisfen. Who did u use in Chester. That's really close to me?

Guest Jennet
Hi jennet. Thanks for all of that info - did you managed to get there in the end though? It looks like such a long way off at the min. But we can't wait to start the process now!!

Chrisfen. Who did u use in Chester. That's really close to me?

hi

yes i got the court order and he signed in the end i think he had a good think from a judges few wise words given to him. we go July/ August looking at flights now. emigration Group seem good i saw someone called Phil from newzealand he was very Professional. a friend of mine went through those aswell and he gave them good advice they were going to Queensland but he directed them to Adelaide due to her hubbies job, they love it.

good Luck

jennet