massive hello's rom us simpsons

Guest five to go

Guest five to go

Hi

I just wanted to say a very big hello from a nervous but excited POM. We hope to look towards moving to Adelaide and start the process off in April once my hubby gets back from his duty away. where abouts would be the ideal place in Adelaide to settle? I would rather be on the outskirts as i do not enjoy being in the heart of a city I have three children with an age range of 13,11 and 3 at present and am looking to give them a better chance in life over in OZ please tell me all about your experiences good and bad. I look forward to you sharing them with me.

Hi (Marj) ;-)

Welcome to the forum and place to ask any stupid questions. The guys and gals here will give you plenty of advice and experiences.

Where to settle? Well you will get a bit of divide on here some will say the the hills, some the north and some the south. In my opinion it all comes down to how much you are willing to commute - in others words a job near where you settle or one where you would like to commute.

I am an expat Oz looking to move back to the South of Adelaide probably anywhere from Morphett Vale, Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga, Seaford, Seaford Rise, Seaford Meadows, Moana or Aldinga Beach. From my on personal point of view it will depend on what the areas are like now and schooling. I don't mind if I have to commute into Adelaide but if i managed to secure a job nearer to where we settle all the better.

Anyway, have a good look round on the forum and you will find loads of info.

Good luck and enjoy the ride,

Mis

Guest five to go

Hi Mis and Lyn,

Many thanks for the welcome and congrats Lyn i see your visa has been approved. this is exciting times, I am looking forward to getting started. At the moment I am trying to read a lot on different things. Especially understanding which Visa we should go with as I am still confused over this. I think it is because I have spoke to a couple of migration agencies who said they would be able to find me employment as I am a Pharmacy Technician. But I can't actually see this on the skilled occupation List so not sure which type I require. I do not have a sponsor but would like one as I would like a job to go to upon arriving. so I think a lot more consulting is needed.