Hello everyone. After getting a positive skills evaluation for my wife, we are submitting our application for state sponsorship next week. This forum seems to be very welcoming of new members of the Adelaide community, and we hope to make many friends as our process unfolds over the coming months.
We have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 9, and when we were considering the 175 path there was a lot of time built into the process, so we thought that we would take the girls to Adelaide this july to show them around and get some good impressions of it. The plan was to then, on the plane ride home, let them "help make the family decision" to move. BUT, going the 176 route creates a situation where we would be visiting shortly before our final move. We have decided to save the money instead, so that we can take a family vacation a few months after the frustrations of moving have us all at each other's throats. This then brings up the problem that we will be imposing our decision on the girls and leaving us open to the "you ruined my life" complaints that are sure to come up eventually.
We cannot think of any group possibly more experienced in this area than the members of this forum, and would like to know any suggestions or approaches that other members have taken, whether they were successes, or failures certain to be avoided. Right now the kids are our biggest worry, as we want them to welcome this great adventure and see it for all it's potential, and not be poisoned by the fact that they had no choice.
We thank you all in advance for your responses. If this thread belongs in another area of this site, then go ahead and move it, or tell me how and I will do it.
We really look forward to being able to create a timeline for our posts, as they are one of our favorite parts of this site - it gives us so much hope, which can be in short supply some days.