neil n family need help

Guest barmyarmy

Guest barmyarmy

me n my family are seriously thunking of moving to adelaide but need to do homework first,so any help on jobs ,schools,housing and lifestyle would relly help.i am a ceramic tiler my wife is a nurse n i have a 16 year old daughter n a 4 year old boy

See SELLING SELLING SELLING it may be what you are looking for?!?!?! I am also a nurse!, AND AROUND MY HOME FOR SALE IS......... a public primary school REYNELLA PRIMARY SCHOOL within walking distance NO BUSY roads to cross to get there, a kindergarten 5 minutes away MARY BYSWATER KINDERGARTEN, a child care centre a few minutes walk from my home REYNELLA COMMUNITY CHILD CARE CENTRE, a private primaryand secondary school 5 mins by car away WOODCROFT COLLEGE or public secondary school REYNELLA EAST HIGH 7-8 mins away by car or bus enroute. As my post says Flinders Medical Centre is about 10-15 mins by car away or again you can get there by public transport (GOOGLE flinders medical centre for employment). No idea about tilers jobs though sorry!! ...........google Career One maybe though.

Regards

kate

Regards Kate

hello neil and family!!

can't really help with any of your questions just wanted to say

hello and welcome to pia :wubclub:

the only thing to do is research research research ...

your pc will be your new best friend :biglaugh:

Hi there

Both my hubby and I are nurses - just something to bear in mind, if you are a nurse the visa application is pretty straightforward for permanent residency. This may be a better option, (although not as quick) than an employer sponsered visa - that way you are not tied to your job but are free to pick and choose where you work, what hours you work, either full or part time and have the flexibility to move or do agency work if need be. On a permanent residency visa you are entitled to claim child benefit and rent assistance should you meet the earning criteria. If you need any help, then let me know.

Lindsey

Guest barmyarmy

what did yourselves choose to do concerning visas as tina quite fancies being part time n not tied down to 1 place as shes had enough of being stuck in fulltime ENGLISH HOSPITALS.

Guest louiesmum
Hi there

Both my hubby and I are nurses - just something to bear in mind, if you are a nurse the visa application is pretty straightforward for permanent residency. This may be a better option, (although not as quick) than an employer sponsered visa - that way you are not tied to your job but are free to pick and choose where you work, what hours you work, either full or part time and have the flexibility to move or do agency work if need be. On a permanent residency visa you are entitled to claim child benefit and rent assistance should you meet the earning criteria. If you need any help, then let me know.

Lindsey

Hi

We went for perminant reidency for just that reason, I'm a nurse & I didn't want to be tied to one employer/job. We got state sponsership, it was fairly straight forward. Good luck & welcome to PIA.

Linsey thanks also for that info re child benefit & rent assistance. We hope to be out there very soon!!! Where do you both work?

Hi there

We came out on a 136 (I believe that it may well have changed its name since we applied - but dont quote me!). Its a permanent residents visa - skilled. As I have said on previous posts, we have friends who have come out on employee sponsored visas and have absolutely hated where they have worked, but due to the type of visa are stuck where they are working , which means they either like it and lump it or leave (which the majority have). I dont want to name and shame because whats right for one isn't always right for the other, but having a visa in your own right allows you to choose where, when and how many hours that you work - within limits. I am going to be agency nursing with NASA (although I am still waiting for my registration to come through) - Andy does agency through them and CNS but works mainly at The Wakefield Hospital in the city - and loves it. If you need any help let me know, as I have said before for nurses the application process is pretty straightforward.

My children are 6 and 3!

Lindsey:)